Marketing Assistant, Toronto
The Marketing Assistant will be assisting in the marketing and publicizing of Hachette titles as well as providing general administrative support to the Hachette Book Group Canada office. The ideal candidate should be a quick learner who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the Marketing team in supporting select key accounts
- Create departmental reports, which include reports generated via Booknet and HBG’s own internal systems, for coop tracking and sales analysis
- Create presentations and complete buying templates for key meetings throughout the year
- Coordinate HBG Canada’s marketing department’s title grids, promotional materials, and industry mailings
- Work directly with Marketing team on special campaigns and other department initiatives as needed
- Handle general administrative functions as needed
- HBG Canada is a small office, so candidate will be called upon to contribute and assist with tasks and projects that are relevant to company goals
- Previous publishing experience is ideal, with a well-rounded knowledge of the book publishing industry
- Effective communication skills (oral & written), good judgment, and excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be extremely organized, very detail-oriented, and have the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work in a small team-oriented office
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word and Powerpoint)
As a leading book publisher, we believe that including and representing diverse voices in all aspects of our business is fundamental to what we do. Our publishing programs must reflect the broad range of backgrounds, experiences, political views and ideas that shape our society and publish books for all readers.
Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Salary can vary based on a number of factors including skills and experience — talk with your recruiter to learn more. There may be times that you will be required (or requested) to work overtime due to the nature of your roll or exceptional workload issues or special projects.