Administrative Assistant, Orbit
The Administrative Assistant will be joining a dynamic and successful science fiction and fantasy publishing team, responsible for providing administrative support and managing its daily office needs.
- Provide general administrative support to the Publisher
- Plan, manage, and oversee meetings, attendees, and relevant communications including taking minutes
- Coordinate and prioritize editorial, marketing and design tasks and deadlines for maximum effectiveness, including liaising with other departments as needed
- Plan, manage and oversee title updates, including author and title updates, schedule moves, and overseeing updates to factsheets and catalog pages for sales deadlines
- Submit regular timesheets and expense claims for staff within the Orbit team
- Assure the smooth running of the office by continually assessing priorities and determining the urgency of tasks at hand
- Produce and distribute simple weekly sales reports
- Provide administrative support to the Marketing department as required
- Handle various administrative duties as needed, including maintaining the Orbit storage room; performing mailings for editorial, marketing and publicity departments; and handling author fan mail and general Orbit inquiries
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational, project and time management skills
- Ability to proactively prioritize and manage a wide range of tasks while remaining detail oriented
- Must be expert in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must maintain confidentiality
- Enthusiasm for publishing and science fiction and fantasy genre books preferred
Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Salary can vary based on a number of factors including skills and experience — talk with your recruiter to learn more. There may be times that you will be required (or requested) to work overtime due to the nature of your roll or exceptional workload issues or special projects. Our comprehensive U.S. benefit offerings include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability coverage, 401(k), incentive plan eligibility, educational training opportunities and more.