Master Data Leader
Do you want to become a Master Data Leader at Autocar Parts?
Can you be comfortable being uncomfortable? Are you fine with always speaking your mind? Can you lead, execute, and stay focused despite many distractions, and do the work yourself if needed?
At Autocar Parts, we fight for the customer’s needs. We invest in and grow businesses that disrupt their industries by putting the customers’ needs first. From big data to industrial manufacturing, we deliver tools that transform the work of the people that use them.
It takes a special kind of person to be a part of this business in transformation. We are privately owned and expect our team members to act with an owner mindset: Relentless about creating value for the customer. Dogged about finding efficiencies and eliminating waste. Standing arm in arm with the rest of the team until the job is done—and ready to do it again the next day, with a smile.
It is not easy to do things differently. But we do it—because we are passionate about improving our business and the lives of the people who use our tools.
You will own the business process for setting up and maintaining item and vendor master data. This will include the day-to-day parts creation as well as mass updates for data such as costing, product categorization, cross-reference, and other more dynamic factors. This role will also own driving improvements to our process by establishing a workflow tool to partner with other staff members and functions that provide the necessary data.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop/improve/modify the Master Data Management (MDM) processes to achieve exceptional growth through data standardization and information management,
- Responsible for the management and execution of the daily operation of the master data including day-to-day parts creation and mass maintenance.
- Develops processes to improve master data governance & quality to support ERP Material Master, planning modules, costing, pricing, and warehouse/transportation modules.
- Support cross-functional continuous improvement initiatives as the MDM expert,
- Ensures accurate and timely execution of all requests received for data creation & maintenance,
- Works within the business to ensure the accuracy and integrity of master data elements including the ability to timely troubleshoot any data issues.
- Updates master data training documents, working instructions, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), business process, and changes as required and communicate these changes to the business functional units as needed.
- Manage the efforts to identify, troubleshoot, cleanse, organize and update data on an on-going basis,
- Lead audit of master data in ERP systems for compliance with data standards, governance policies, and procedures,
- Experience and working knowledge of Data Systems and Data Warehousing
- Cross-functional business knowledge (Supply Chain/Production/Finance/Sales)
- Ability to partner with internal and external stakeholders to source the required master data including web searches and vendor portals
- Demonstrated leadership skills in planning and coordinating projects, resources, vendors, and internal resources
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Readily understand and apply data to analyze and simplify complex concepts
- Strong technical, project management, and analytical aptitude
- Ability to train and coach team members
- Strong interpersonal skill to work across functions to resolve issues
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently under pressure and react quickly to changing priorities.
Required Education, Certification, Training
- BS degree – Business, Supply Chain or Information Management specialty preferred
- 3 years of experience with heavy ERP interaction, including master data management – abas ERP preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel including Pivot table and v-lookups
- SQL knowledge a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Where will you work?
This role is located at Autocar Parts’ headquarters in Highland Park, IL.
What do we offer in benefits?
We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package, to include base salary, incentive bonus opportunities, and benefits such as medical/dental/vision options, 401K plan, etc.
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume