Chief Financial Officer
Chief Financial Officer
What will you do? As the Chief Financial Officer, you will work closely with the Chairman to understand the Chairman’s vision and desired outcome for GVW Group’s whole portfolio. You will take this vision and execute on it in the finance and business operations of the various portfolio companies, fostering a culture of accountability and continuous improvement through the development of processes. This is a high-impact, hands-on role requiring very strong critical thinking about company performance and the ability to exercise sound judgment. We are looking for someone who has a proven history of successful execution of operations, and experience enabling the strategic vision of the companies by driving key transformation initiatives, while managing operational and financial risk.
Our culture is entrepreneurial and our environment is fast moving; we focus on getting things done. If you’re a big picture strategist who can execute, is not easily distracted, removes road-blocks, and empowers others to do the same-we might be the company you’re looking for.
- Engaging in and understanding the Chairman’s desired state for GVW Group’s portfolio of companies.
- Implementing and managing operating policies and processes to execute on Chairman’s vision.
- Translating strategic C-suite goals into a tangible working reality for employees; proactively share and discuss strategic options (e.g., organic growth, M&A).
- Develop and execute on the analysis of various business initiatives (e.g., opening new operations, asset acquisition, new product and/or service launches, disposition of non-performing areas, etc.).
- Challenging C-suite and CEO opinions, while also being a trusted advisor.
- Ensure and manage compliance with all internal and external stakeholders and agencies.
- Continue to improve and enhance very effective RONA and cash flow machine.
- Measuring the impact of new policies and processes to ensure on-the-ground results are in sync with the desired results.
- Achieving specific, targeted goals for each business unit based on the strategic plan for the entire portfolio.
- Building a culture of accountability at the business and personal level, by leadership and example.
- Setting up appropriate performance targets, monitoring of progress and KPI reporting to leadership to support overall corporate strategy.
- Aligning resources and finding synergies within operations to enhance the entire portfolio.
- Implementing appropriate reward and recognition models.
- Setting up appropriate organizational structures by innovating existing business model by linking market developments back to operations.
- Continuously enforce the value system of the company (e.g., leading by motivation and engagement, “walk the talk“).
- Creating a framework for the companies’ innovation processes (e.g., by engaging workforce, clients and suppliers).
Candidates must have demonstrated:
- Accountability, and the ability to inspire accountability in others.
- An ability to learn rapidly, solve problems dynamically, unite diverse opinions, drive results, and build relationships with business partners.
- Demonstrated success in a dynamic holding company with deep operating experience or lead finance role in highly complex dynamic fast paced business environment.
- High energy and drive to create an environment of continuous improvement and innovation.
- Organized, methodical handling of a wide range of responsibilities.
- Outstanding skills in both understanding and interpreting financial statements (income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement), and financial modeling skills.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, interacting effectively with all levels within the company.
- Executive presence in verbal and written presentation skills; able to communicate complex financial and accounting concepts to non-finance personnel.
- Highly motivated and driven behaviors, able to manage multiple high priority projects simultaneously; exceptionally strong work ethic.
- Strong people management skills in a multicultural organization.
- Commitment to excellence, personally demands excellence in every aspect of the position, intentional focus on what could have been done better vs. what was done well.
- Strategic thinking, knows how to apply knowledge of business and organization in decision-making, understands the interaction of multiple functions and how they are impacted by decisions. Views decisions in context of company, not just own position or functional team.
- An ability to achieve goals through influencing, partnering and developing productive relationships with senior leadership and line managers across the business.
- Hands on approach balanced with big picture understanding – can transition quickly from tactical to strategic.
- BS in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance
- Preference given to candidates with CFO experience or executive level business operations experience
- A minimum of 20 years of experience with increasing responsibilities
- Experience in business process design and improvement required
- Demonstrates multiple project management experiences, with a proven track record of meeting tight deadlines on budget
- Good general business savvy and exposure to a variety of businesses
Who are we?
GVW Group is a dynamic private investment and industrial holding company dedicated since 1993 to growing and starting businesses. We take an entrepreneurial approach to building value for our scalable early stage, high-growth, and mid-sized operating companies by providing strategic expertise and resources. Along the way, we have expanded globally into diverse industries ranging from manufacturing, to technology, distribution, big data, engineering, and energy efficiency.
Where will you work?
This Chief Financial Officer role will be based at our Miami, FL, office with travel to portfolio company locations in Birmingham, AL and Highland Park, IL as necessary.
What do we offer in benefits?
We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package, to include base salary, incentive bonus opportunities, and benefits such as medical/dental/vision options, 401K plan, etc.
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume