The Process Engineer is responsible for manufacturing engineering, industrial and process engineering related functions within his/her scope of responsibility at Autocar. Key functions include day-to-day production and quality support, facilities and tooling development, project management and introducing new products/options into production. The ideal candidate possesses the ability to readily adjust to changing priorities, is innovative and self-driven and has a hands-on approach to problem solving while working well within a team.
What are the requirements?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology (MET), Industrial Engineering Technology (IET) or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years experience in manufacturing environment, preferably assembly in the automotive or heavy truck industry
- Experience in Six Sigma, lean manufacturing, 5S and visual management
- Understanding of time study/line balancing
- Strong work ethic, great attitude and willingness to learn
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Production-oriented and hands-on
- Effective communicator across all levels of the organization
- Experience with Labworks programming a plus
- MS Office proficiency
- Autodesk Inventor, SolidWorks Composer, and NX Unigraphics a plus
Where will you work? This position is located in Birmingham, Alabama
What do we offer in benefits? We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package, to include base salary and benefits such as medical/dental/vision options, retirement/401K plans, etc.
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume