Information Security Engineer
DOMINATE YOUR DATA
Information Security Engineer
The Information Security Engineer is an individual contributor focused primarily on the security engineering and architecture aspects of the GVW Group information security team. The Information Security Engineer develops, deploys, and administrates a variety of technical security controls (e.g. network, endpoint, data protection, and Identity and Access Management) designed to mitigate risk throughout the organization. The Information Security Engineer maintains and optimizes technical security platforms to effectively support security program initiatives and operational processes. The Information Security Engineer is expected to have a broad understanding of IT systems, security standards, and best practices.
- Design, integrate, and support a variety of technical security solutions
- Maintain a working knowledge of third-party security products and services
- Consult on IT projects to recommend appropriate security controls and develop requirements for technical security solutions
- Implement information security technical controls and solutions, ensuring system scalability, security, performance, and reliability
- Support information security projects and operational processes through technical products, controls, and architectural design
- Measure technical control effectiveness and identify gaps in existing security architecture
- Work collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams and businesses to ensure implementations are successful and processes are optimized
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Related technical or security industry certification (e.g. MCSE, Security+, CCSP, CISSP) preferred
- Systems administration/architecture experience preferred
- 3+ years of direct information security experience
Essential Job Functions
- Design and support a variety of information security products (e.g. endpoint protection, network security, vulnerability management, data encryption, DLP, SIEM, multi-factor authentication)
- Engage with vendors to evaluate security solutions against organizational requirements
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- A foundational understanding of IT infrastructure and life-cycle support
- Hands-on experience engineering and administrating a variety of security solutions
- Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Technical Expertise: Demonstrate depth of knowledge and skill in a technical area.
- Forward-thinking: Anticipate the implications and consequences of situations and take appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies.
- Fostering Innovation: Develop, sponsor, or support the introduction of new and improved methods, products, procedures, or technologies.
- Building Collaborative Relationships: Develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships with others inside or outside the organization who can provide information, assistance, and support.
- Organization and Planning: Plan, organize, schedule, and budget in an efficient, productive manner. Focus on key priorities and get these done.
- Thoroughness: Ensure that one’s own and others’ work and information are complete and accurate; carefully preparing for meetings and presentations; follow up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled.
Where will you work? This role is located at the Autocar Truck facility in Birmingham, AL.
What do we offer in benefits? We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package, to include base salary, incentive bonus opportunities, and benefits such as medical/dental/vision options, 401K plan, etc.
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume