Customer Service Representative
Do you want to be our Customer Service Representative?
Can you be comfortable being uncomfortable? Can you do 2 or 3 jobs instead of only one? Are you fine with always speaking your mind? Can you lead, execute, and stay focused despite many distractions, and do the work yourself if needed?
At Autocar Parts, we are a national aftermarket parts distributor that fights for the customer’s needs. We know truck parts and put the customers’ needs first to help customers keep their trucks rolling.
It takes a special kind of person to be a part of this business in transformation. We are privately owned and expect our team members to act with an owner mindset: Relentless about creating value for the customer. Dogged about finding efficiencies and eliminating waste. Standing arm and arm with the rest of the team until the job is done—and ready to do it again the next day, with a smile.
It is not easy do things differently in this industry. But we do it—because we are passionate about improving the lives of the drivers that use our trucks.
This position is customer focused and deals with investigating customer claims including product returns and warranties, processing product returns and the freight call tags associated with these returns, issuing warranty credits, standard credits, freight claims and or replacements orders as appropriate. Serving as a liaison between the customer and logistics to ensure products are checked in from returns and ready for credit invoice.
Customer Service is a critical role within our company. We depend on our Call Center employees to service our customers by delivering on our Autocar Trucks pledge of “always up”. Building strong relationships with our customers and satisfaction that you have resolved their issue. Working through difficult situations with internal and external customers while maintaining a high level of customer service.
- Customer satisfaction & retention
- Credit/Return/Warranties processed within 72 hours
- Customer response time for calls & emails within 2 hours
- Process freight claims through claim portal within 72 hours
- Process improvement and simplified efficiencies in support of company and financial goals
- Investigate, analyze and process claims
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Guide and process customer orders and inquiries in a fast-paced environment.
- Communicate with customers via phone, email and chat.
- Investigate and solve customer problems and find best possible solutions.
- Help customers navigate our website and place orders online (Automated order entry).
- Provide knowledgeable answers to questions about products, pricing and availability.
- Respond to shipping inquiries and answer order status questions.
- Become a product expert and understand each customer's needs to provide real, effective solutions and deliver exceptional customer service.
- Analyze and process all required paperwork related to refunds, returns, and warranties
- Generate credit memos and replacement orders adding details into Enterprises Resource Planning (ERP) system for tracking and review purposes
- Complies with changes in policies or renewals
- Process freight claims through claim portal
- Process warranty claims through supplier portal
- Serve as liaison between supplier, customer, and internal departments to investigate claims, to ensure claims are resolved, process orders, returns, credits and warranties.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced skills and knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Strong follow up and team skills.
- Ability to multi-task, problem solve and prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Desire to provide the best possible experience for our customers.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment with coaching support.
- Dedicated to excellent attendance.
- Emotional Intelligence, especially with its application
- Previous experience with adapting in a growing and changing environment
- Good interpersonal skills
- Analytical capacity and problem-solving skills
- Displays team player characteristics
- Organizing skills with ability to multi-task
- Results oriented with solid follow-up skills
- Possesses a strong desire to learn
- Detail oriented, able to manage priorities and self-motivated
- Exhibits solid business acumen
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Word skills Exceptional customer service skills.
- Core hours of Monday - Friday, 8:00-5:00
- Bachelor's degree or high school diploma with 3+ years of relevant experience. Bachelor's degree strongly preferred.
Where will you work? This role is located at Autocar Parts’ headquarters in Highland Park, IL.
What do we offer in benefits? We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package, to include base salary, incentive bonus opportunities, and benefits such as medical/dental/vision options, 401K plan, etc.
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume