Materials Team Coordinator
To manage warehouse zone and fulfill the needs of the operations team within that zone. Must coordinate a Team Members in an assigned area to ensure the highest quality of work is produced and production goals are achieved. The Team Coordinator will serve as a backup to any Team Member as needed or required to maintain business continuity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate competence and technical proficiency in all Standard Work, including software and systems, at each assigned area.
- Respond to calls and questions and/or provide assistance to Team Members as needed in assigned area.
- Assume the responsibilities of a Team Member as needed or required to maintain business continuity.
- Train or cross-train Team Members on Standard Work as well as the required software/systems for each station.
- Ensure the Training Matrix is updated frequently to represent newly attained skills and changes in the workforce (i.e. new hires, promotions, transfers, terminations).
- Using the Training Matrix, identify areas of exposure. Develop and implement a training plan to minimize risk.
- Serve as a backup to the Team Leader as needed or required to maintain business continuity.
- Uphold the Business Operating Principles and promote a positive and continuous improvement mindset in the areas of Safety, Teamwork, Quality, Standard Work and Housekeeping. Ensure that standards in each of these areas are upheld and that Team Members are trained to execute high quality work while meeting goals.
- Foster a culture of coaching and development by identifying and capitalizing on learning opportunities for Team Members in order to increase their skill set, contribute to personal growth and add value to the organization.
- Other duties or projects as assigned.
Required Education or Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Demonstrated proficiency in all/most of the essential functions and responsibilities described above and a minimum of six (6) months in a subordinate or other related role within the Company.
- Working knowledge of various business systems (i.e., QAD, BOSS, logistics portal, etc.) preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English including an ability to effectively convey technical information and training to potentially unskilled Team Members.
- Strong leadership skills to guide and coach team members.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Computer and/or handheld device (tablet) proficiency.
- Team player with the ability to positively influence others in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- High level of patience and tolerance for training others.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrammatic, or schedule form.
- Basic math skills and the ability to count.
- General knowledge of OSHA safety standards.
- Quick learner who is self-motivated and requires minimal supervision.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Associates Degree or some college coursework
- Supervisory or training experience
- Experience using Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems
- Lean Six Sigma Certification
- OSHA Certification
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume