This position is responsible for gathering financial data, presenting financial analysis and reporting the findings.
The Pricing Analyst is responsible for the design and implementation of pricing strategies leading to sales opportunities, margin stabilization and improvement, risk management, and competitive market approach. Primary responsibility of this role pivots between special projects and daily price management functions to establish and maintain price standards, strategies, and performance across products and channels. The Pricing Analyst will utilize leading pricing analytics practices to recommend, create tactics and drive communication of key pricing insights to Pricing Manager, Senior Leadership and other relevant stakeholders.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities and Est. % of Time Spent on Each
- Analyze and identify opportunities to optimize sales, profitability and leakage prevention through pricing strategies.
- Provide analysis and technical support for pricing initiatives that include setting list prices, determine customer specific discounts and identify product conversion opportunities.
- Perform margin and pricing analysis in order to support business initiatives.
- Work with Pricing Manager and Vice President, Marketing and Business Development to define, launch, and drive strategic and operational initiatives around pricing strategy.
- Respond to complex pricing inquiries and support the resolution of price discrepancies.
- Utilize competitive intelligence to make price-to-win recommendations.
- Provide deal analysis for Sales management.
- Support the timely and accurate execution and monitoring of price adjustments.
- Support the development and refinement of tools, policies, and procedures that enhance existing performance.
- Ad-hoc research or analysis projects as requested
- Special projects as required
- Other tasks as requested
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum of three years’ experience working with large data sets from multiple sources
- Superior critical thinking and problem-solving ability
- Excellent analytical capabilities including SQL, Excel and relational database skills
- Strong analytical skills coupled with the ability to effectively articulate insights and recommend actions
- Ability to work cross-functionally and effectively influence and partner. Must relate well to all kinds of people, listen and build constructive relationships, use diplomacy and tact. Shows creativity and innovation in presenting ideas
- The ability to handle multiple projects at the same time
- Ability to drive projects and activities to successful conclusion, operating with a high sense of urgency
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently with broad general guidance against a framework of defined business objectives
- Strong intellect, drive, and communication skills
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs workflows and procedures.
Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
Judgement - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
Required Education, Certification, Training
To perform the job successfully, an individual should have or obtain the following education, certification or training:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, operations, mathematics, finance, economics or a scientific field
- Advanced degree in business or science preferred but not required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume