High Voltage Assembly Technician
Location: at Autocar, LLC site
4680 Pinson Valley Parkway
Birmingham, AL 35215
Organization: TRIZ Advanced Manufacturing
High Voltage Assembly Technician
TRIZ Advanced Manufacturing is an entity of TRIZ Engineering Services America LLC, with the mission of building quality sub-assemblies related to electric vehicle high voltage systems. Our mission is to always provide the products that deliver the best value and complete solution for our customers.
- Working to standards, safety regulations and quality requirements.
- Help to achieve daily production requirements in terms of quality and quantity to meet customer expectations and requirements, optimizing efficiency and maintaining operational excellence.
- Perform multi tasks in the assembly or sub-assembly department.
- Assemble Electric Vehicle High Voltage sub-systems up to vehicle level builds and maintaining strict adherence to sequence of operation, quality standards and work instruction(s).
- Collaborate and communicate with team to ensure On Time deliveries of product.
- Drive toward a quality product, perform quality inspections and tests on product as required.
- Must keep company provided tools and equipment secured and in good working condition.
- Fill out associated daily documentation related to Subassembly and Vehicle builds, including progress reports.
- Ensuring that the shop is in excellent condition regarding cleanliness, safety, and equipment condition to minimize production down time and support Lean Manufacturing Initiatives.
- Seek opportunities to drive improvement on projects and lean processes.
- You will be tasked with similar responsibilities related to other customers during quieter times.
- Collaborate with engineers to develop and document processes and activities.
- Apply sound problem-solving skills to achieve high quality standards for internal customers in a fast-paced work environment with minimal supervision.
- Operate production line equipment such as hoists, lifts and airlines.
- Operate sensitive tools related to EV assembly.
- Report equipment faults to maintenance staff.
- Build up components and sub-assemblies into finished electrical or mechanical products.
- Fit parts to machinery and equipment.
- Set and operate hand-controlled or computer-controlled equipment.
- Ensure products are to the correct tolerances and meet customer and internal standards and specifications.
- Pack goods, with protective materials ready for shipment in crates, stillages or other containers.
- Seal containers using appropriate materials such as glue, staples or shrink-wrap.
- Weigh and label packaged goods ready for dispatch.
- Stack goods appropriately.
- Contribute to continuous improvement activities.
- Work in a safe manner at all times, complying with Health, Safety and Environmental standards.
- Makes productive contributions.
- Consistently manages the task.
- Ability to work across multiple areas of the assembly process.
- Able to work as part of a team
- Able to work on own initiative when necessary.
- Able to work in a safe manner.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and electrical schematics and follow fault logic instructions.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Applies experience and logic.
- An eye for detail.
- Able to work to within tight cycles/deadlines and with minimum supervision.
- Quick learner who requires minimal supervision and possesses strong problem-solving skills, demonstrating ability to troubleshoot and perform root cause analysis.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Good Manual dexterity.
- Good understanding of customer deliverables and the impact of failure / cost of poor quality.
- Practical hands-on approach to problem solving.
- Understanding of production costs to include waste, downtime, crap and re-work.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, changes his/her approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Motivated self-starter with high level of initiative and ability to work independently.
- Ability to interpret wiring schematics, diagrams and assembly drawing & follow detailed work instructions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a professional attitude.
- Well organized and must be detailed oriented.
- Is self-aware, balanced, and confident.
- Is resilient, optimistic, and open to change.
- Shows moral courage, openness and honesty and has a collaborative approach when dealing with others.
- Self-motivated and hard working.
- Adaptable and flexible with a positive professional attitude.
- Achievement Focused.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Working knowledge of Bill of Materials, assembly instructions, safety standards.
- Preferred 2 years’ experience as an automotive manufacturing technician.
- Knowledge of shop and automotive tools.
- Experience with assembling electrical components or with assembly relating to EVs or high voltage systems.
- Have Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office apps.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English as it relates to the job requirements.
- Must be willing to submit to a background check and drug screen.
- Professional appearance and work ethic.
- Must be employed with your current/previous employer for one year uninterrupted.
- Physical Demands:
- Required to lift, move and carry up to 50 pounds
- Ability to stand 8-10 hours per day
- Good hand/eye coordination and ability to identify color variations and close / distance visual items
Standard vehicle manufacturing plant environment with moderate noise level. PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) such as safety glasses and steel toe shoes will be required and reimbursed in manufacturing or industrial areas.
The hours are as follows: 6:00a.m. – 3:00p.m.
What do we offer in benefits?
TRIZ Advanced Engineering offers an attractive compensation and benefits package: hourly wage and benefits including health, dental, vision and life insurance, paid vacation, holidays and a 401(k) plan.
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume