The Pricing Manager determines, within set boundaries, the pricing of products and services through the careful and thorough consideration of all factors contributing to the businesses profitability, including but not limited to acquisition costs, holdings costs, delivery costs, overhead costs, market position, competition, scarcity, and macroeconomic conditions. In this capacity, the Pricing Manager establishes pricing levels, price floors and discount programs, and provides price quotes and pricing to support formal bids. The Pricing Manager also assesses the overall effectiveness of pricing strategies through price realization and other analyses, as well as assisting in developing sales incentives.
This position is responsible for developing and executing both strategic and tactical pricing models and programs that drive the profitable growth of the business.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists in developing and maintaining an effective and holistic pricing strategy resulting in the profitable growth of the business.
- Develops and implements effective pricing processes to provide market-based pricing for all channels
- Ensures timely responsiveness to cross functional needs to develop programs, promotions, and special price agreements to drive profitable revenue and margin growth within set boundaries.
- Collaborate and develop processes and procedures that maximize the efficiency through which pricing is generated and delivered to the customer, especially on urgent/emergency quotes and new products and services.
- Establishes and maintains procedures for ensuring pricing hierarchy remains competitive in the marketplace based on competitive actions or changes in economic/ market landscape.
- Oversee development of metrics and dashboards that monitor pricing responsiveness, price realization, competitive positioning, and market pricing trends
- Assists in development of annual strategic pricing goals and tactical plans to achieve.
- Develop a road map for future strategic pricing capabilities (tools, systems, data) relating to collection and analysis of competitive and market pricing insights
- Ensures a robust understanding of all relevant costs into the true cost of products and services.
- Responsible for maintaining all pricing procedures and pricing communication as needed throughout the organization.
- Manage, coach, and develops the pricing team (2 pricing analysts)
- Other duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or other relevant field.
- 7-10 years of work experience in pricing, purchasing, product management, sales, finance, or accounting.
- Curiosity, enthusiasm, positive attitude, a passion to build, and a willingness to seek and learn new concepts.
- An iterative approach to developing strategies, solutions, or process improvements through continuous improvement.
- Biased toward action, a great collaborator and master simplifier, constantly pushing towards holistic, yet concise solutions or recommendations.
- Customer focused mindset intent on adding value to the customer.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding analytical skills.
- Outstanding and proven project management skills; ability to manage multiple projects in a high-pressure, tight-deadline environment.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs workflows and procedures.
Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
Judgement - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume