The overall goal of the Executive Recruiter position is to discover, attract, screen and hire highly talented individuals into the GVW Group family of companies. At all times the Recruiter must operate by the highest standards as it pertains to company culture, proprietary processes and procedures. Reporting to the Director of Talent Management, you’ll develop search strategies and lead engagements to position GVW Group for success today and well into the future. You will work on a range of projects including executive searches, succession planning and market mapping. You’ll have the drive, motivation and passion to disrupt the talent landscape and deliver incredible customer and candidate experience. You will have the intellectual curiosity, problem solving capability and drive to build the leadership at GVW Group.
The Executive Recruiter will also:
- Understand the overall company structure, the goals and challenges of each business unit and what it looks like to be successful in each.
- Learn to attract and seek out top talent that is a fit for our specific culture and business model both inside and outside of The Heavy Duty truck industry.
- Teach our culture by embracing it, understanding it, changing with it and finding people to add to the organization that compliment us.
- Continuously engage others- both internally and externally as sources of knowledge in order to continue to learn and become more effective at finding the right people for our organization.
- The Recruiter must challenge themselves to ensure success. Challenge others, challenge candidates to ensure they are a good fit- it’s the only way to really find what we are looking for.
- Develop and Maintain a pool of top talent at all times. Maintain relationships for resources as well as potential candidates/ employees. Create relationships out of this so we become an organization that people are excited about and want to work for.
- Never stop Learning what success looks like, in every role, in every organization. Learn from things or people that didn’t work or go as planned and understand what not to repeat in the future. Learn about our industry constantly- what our competitors are doing and what continues to set us apart from them.
- Communication is key to being successful. Communicate with Supervisors, colleagues, hiring managers with regards to challenges and successes, frustrations and ways they can help, as well as suggestions that may assist them. Communicate openly and honestly with each candidate, be transparent when it comes to being a fit for our culture. Provide open and honest feedback to candidates throughout our interviewing and hiring process.
- Ask questions to gather information prior to offering information. When screening candidates, find out what it is that they want rather than telling them what WE want. Ask questions of hiring managers to ensure you are finding what they are looking for. Ask for help if needed, and always ask yourself if you are performing to the best of your ability constantly.
- Follow all established processes and adhere to budgets for each role as approved. Use resources allocated for the Recruiting Process such as websites, memberships and software, and continually seek ideas for improving overall efficiency. Educate hiring managers on the importance of following our interview and hiring process.
What does it take to be a part of our team?
- Ability and passion to get things done in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Demonstrates multiple project management experiences with ability to meet commitments utilizing excellent organizational skills in a fast paced, results driven environment
- Communication skills that allow effective relationships at all levels, results driven, and capable of multi-tasking in a very intense environment
- Ability to deal with ambiguity through a proactive work style that requires very little oversight and guidance
- 10 plus years of experience in executive level recruiting in a corporate or firm environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field
- Good general business knowledge and exposure to a variety of businesses
- Proactive work style
- Analytical skills, logical thinker, and problem-solver
- Ability to develop a keen understanding of the Company’s Core Operating Principles and permeate them throughout the company
Where will you work? The Executive Recruiter will be based in one of our portfolio companies.
What do we offer in benefits? We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package, to include fixed base salary and benefits including medical/dental/vision, and 401K plan.
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume