EV Systems Product Line Team Lead
Location: at Autocar, LLC site
4680 Pinson Valley Parkway
Birmingham, AL 35215
Organization: TRIZ Advanced Manufacturing
High Voltage Product Line Team Lead
TRIZ Advanced Manufacturing is an entity of TRIZ Engineering Services America LLC, with the mission of building quality sub-assemblies related to electric vehicle high voltage systems. Our mission is to always provide the products that deliver the best value and complete solution for our customers.
Provide leadership and guidance to Team Members as they complete their daily tasks. Use your experience to offer valuable insights and direction to your Team Members. Your job is to establish expectations for Team Members to strive for, including customer service policies, daily quotas or teamwork values. You are responsible for speaking with one or more Team Members about troubling behaviors or addressing conflicts between Team Members to ensure they maintain their productivity.
- Act as the specific line subject matter expert (SME) and owner of the documented process.
- Identify opportunities to improve accuracy and the overall process.
- Work closely with your supervisor to identify, report and problem solve.
- Implement workforce optimization and time motion analytics to achieved/exceed targets.
- Communicate clear instructions to team members.
- Train team members in accordance with company guidelines on assembly procedures related to electric vehicle high voltage systems.
- Create and maintain hourly/daily/weekly/monthly metrics and report daily on the same.
- Ensure a safe work environment by building safety into work instructions, and monitoring accident investigation and other safety-related activities in the work area.
- Ensure built-in quality through thorough knowledge of electrical quality standards and customer expectations, inspecting product to those standards and asserting themselves to maintain and continuously improve upon those standards.
- Perform quality inspection using a unique and specific developed Quality Management System.
- You will perform product testing in support of validating product functionality, performance, reliability, durability and compliance to regulatory standards.
- Monitor material flow to and from the work stations to ensure sensitive and high value components are handled with care.
- Develop and maintain processes and regulations to adhere to a 5S complaint operation.
- Responsible for team’s time keeping and attendance reporting ment and reporting to the Human Resource Department.
- You will liaise and coordinate with cross functional departments and provide input to fixture design and implementation. In addition, you will collaborate with Autocar’s testing department to assist in plan, perform, specify and procure instrumentation for testing.
- You will be responsible to review upcoming build schedules and/or project deadlines and communicating with upper-management about new project needs and challenges.
- You will meet with your team to discuss tasks they need to complete by a specific time and date and use this time to learn about the progress of their individual tasks.
- You will divide your time between supervising team activities, communicating with management staff and reviewing team data to determine whether your team meets expectations.
- Speak with team members individually about what they need to improve to maximize their contributions to the group.
- Familiarize yourself with company policies and procedures.
- Cross-functional collaborator and communicator.
- Has excellent interpersonal communication.
- Ability to evaluate, motivate and coach team members to achieve goals and objectives.
- Proven Leadership skills to inspire and drive productivity to meet Production requirements.
- Critical problem solver, able to multi-task
- Hands-on approach to problem solving
- Has a personable nature.
- The ability to develop, implement and assess performance metrics
- Friendly, outgoing personality
- Strong customer service skills
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience in manufacturing, warehouse or operational leadership; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience working on or leading team involved in electric assembly or electric components.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Proven ability to drive cohesion and collaboration among many different people & functions.
- Confidence, presence, and credibility to command the respect of colleagues and senior stakeholders, especially within operational departments.
- Adaptable / Flexible – being open to change in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances.
- Organizational skills, with ability to manage competing priorities.
- Strong Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and MRP system.
- Working knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems
- Advanced knowledge in common office applications and word processing software
- Understanding of safety practices
Standard manufacturing plant environment with moderate noise level. PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) such as safety glasses and steel toe shoes will be required and reimbursed in manufacturing or industrial areas.
What do we offer in benefits?
TRIZ Advanced Manufacturing offers an attractive compensation and benefits package: hourly wage and benefits including health, dental, vision and life insurance, paid vacation, holidays and a 401(k) plan.
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume