Distribution Project Manager
Do you want to be our Distribution Project Manager?
Can you be comfortable being uncomfortable? Can you do 2 or 3 jobs instead of only one? Are you fine with always speaking your mind? Can you lead, execute, and stay focused despite many distractions, and do the work yourself if needed?
At Autocar Parts, we are a national aftermarket parts distributor that fights for the customer’s needs. We know truck parts and put the customers’ needs first to help customers keep their trucks rolling.
It takes a special kind of person to be a part of this business in transformation. We are privately owned and expect our team members to act with an owner mindset: Relentless about creating value for the customer. Dogged about finding efficiencies and eliminating waste. Standing arm and arm with the rest of the team until the job is done—and ready to do it again the next day, with a smile.
Who are We? Autocar Parts, LLC is a distributor of heavy-duty truck aftermarket parts. Launched in 2010, the company is headquartered in Highland Park, Illinois with distribution centers throughout the United States including Louisville, KY. The kind of parts you choose for your truck will influence the type of service the vehicle will give you. Naturally, you desire to have a quality part that will guarantee reliable service and durability. This is only achieved by installing the right part. A reliable product is not necessarily the least expensive. Our business is to help you make informed decisions. We have experienced resources that support OE, OEM, and aftermarket options. We know there is no time, for downtime so stay up with us.
What will you do?
The Distribution Project Manager assists and oversees the operations at a warehouses, 3PL’s, and off site storage facilities to ensure that all incoming and outgoing inventory is processed according to schedule and on time.
Duties include preparing schedules for Warehouse Associates, training new employees on how to use machinery and monitoring compliance with safety standards. The Distribution Project Manager leads projects related to moves, cube utilization, organization and planning tasks to maintain high performance of the warehouse’s storage and shipment processes.
- Audits and reporting inventory while making recommendations (stocking – locations – binning – VLM – storage)
- Oversee the efficient receipt, storage, value-adding servicing and dispatch of a wide variety of products.
- Conduct optimization project focused on:
- Supervise, manage, and responsible for all process improvement solutions and efficient design across all warehouses.
- Serve as project manager for all assigned project
- Acting Ops Manager when directed.
- Developing, implementing and auditing lean warehouse processes and procedures. Includes:
- Setting and monitoring goals that are aligned with the X-matrix.
- Monitor warehouse performance and provide coaching and training when necessary to re-align to ensure productivity targets are achieved and that all warehouse processes are running smoothly and promptly.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Supply Chain, Logistics or Operations preferred
- A minimum of 4 years of Warehouse Management and Logistics experience
- Knowledge and understanding of continuous improvement by utilizing Lean, Six Sigma and Kaizen training.
- Demonstrated front-line supervisory and leadership skills
- Ability to make decisions with minimal supervision, goal setting, delegation, coaching, and motivating
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including early mornings, evenings and/or occasional weekends
- Demonstrated planning and organization skills
- General understanding of warehouse management best practices
- Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives
- High computer literacy and with confidence and skill working with Microsoft Office Tools (Excel, PowerPoint) and warehouse management software
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and presentation skills
Where will you work? The Distribution Project Manager will work at 8181 National Turnpike, Louisville, Kentucky.
What do we offer in benefits? Autocar Parts offers an attractive compensation and benefits package to include fixed salary and benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, paid vacation, holidays, 401(k) plan, etc.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
Required Education, Certification, Training
To perform the job successfully, an individual should have or obtain the following education, certification or training:
- Bachelor’s Degree, Supply Chain, Logistics or Operations preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume