General Manager: GVW Group Services
We are looking for a custodian of efficiency, performance and control! GVW is a US based investment company with businesses in the automotive, engineering and technology industries – and we are looking to centralize the back-office function of some of these businesses in South Africa.
The General Manager for Group Services will manage this outsourced team of finance, recruitment, marketing, and supply chain professionals to deliver services to other companies in the group. The overall goal of this role is to ensure that these services are delivered on time, on quality and at a substantial cost saving.
- Collaborate with executive management abroad to define deliverables for roles
- Build a team to fill available roles and always maintain <5% vacancy rate
- Oversee recruitment of new team members to fill new opportunities
- Manage the team for efficiency and reduce operating overhead
- Set and monitor performance targets for all employees and monitor for deviance
- Highlight performance issues in a timeous manner to leadership and work with them to manage employee corrective action
- Ensure that all local HR processes are fully implemented
- Continually find new opportunities for back-office centralization from abroad
- Compile monthly billing statements and time sheets
- Run smooth billing and reconciliation P&L and ensure monthly statements are prepared in time
- Constantly search for more efficiency and reduce the overall cost of administration
- Create a team of raving fans that feel connected and part of the broader business group
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 3-year Degree minimum (preferably in a commerce related field)
- 5-10 years prior experience in a General Management
- Prior experience in managing a professional services business is preferred
- Proficient in understanding financial statements and able to analyze and report on them
5-10 years’ experience in managing teams
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical, planning and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills (oral & written)
- Self-starter with ability to work independently under pressure and react quickly to changing priorities
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical thinking
- Technical understanding of finance and financial reporting
- Technical understanding the Human Resources legal landscape
- Problem solving
- Planning and organizing
Required Education, Certification, Training
To perform the job successfully, an individual should have or obtain the following education, certification or training:
- Bachelor’s Degree Required; preferred finance or business managemennt
This is an on-site position and is based at our offices in Durbanville, Cape Town. Some flexibility will be required in work schedule to accommodate international meetings.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume