Do you want to be a Data Engineer?
Can you be comfortable being uncomfortable? Are you fine with always speaking your mind? Can you lead, execute, and stay focused despite many distractions, and do the work yourself if needed?
We are looking for a Data Engineer that is passionate about data, automation, data quality and business strategy. A combination of business acumen, analytical problem-solving and technical skills are essential for this role.
You will work across multiple business teams to deliver business insights, improve data quality, and promote the use of data within the organization. This requires a thorough understanding of business objectives and key results, complex data architecture, advanced report and dashboard creation and the ability to assist IT and the business with defining requirements and processes.
- Setup and Maintain a data lakehouse architecture
- Setup Pub/Sub Architecture to support new initiatives in the Organization, near real time and batch
- Setup CI/CD pipelines
- Deploy and implement a unified analytics platform
- A degree in a quantitative field, i.e., statistics, economics, mathematics, computer science, or another related field.
- 3-5 years’ work experience with SSIS/SSAS or ADF/AAS.
- Working experience with reporting tools like Cognos, PowerBI, Tableau, Qlik etc.
- Intermediate to advanced SQL, optimization, developing ETL strategies.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of database and data warehousing principles (e.g., OLAP, Data Marts, Star Schema, lambda/kappa architectures).
- Knowledge of scripting languages, e.g., Python highly advantages.
- Knowledge of event-based systems: e.g., Kafka, RabbitMQ etc. an advantage.
- Knowledge of working with stream data pipeline frameworks or solutions e.g., Apache Flink, Beam, Dataflow, Databricks etc. an advantage.
- Familiar with DevOps, CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Travis, and Pipelines.
- Experience working in a cloud environment with containerization frameworks, tools, and platforms (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes, Rancher, Helm etc.).
- Knowledge of cloud data platforms (Azure, GCP, AWS) an advantage.
- Experience in gathering requirements and formulating business metrics for reporting.
- Experience with agile or other development methodologies - Agile, Kanban or Scrum.
- Experience within the Automotive and/or manufacturing industry a plus.
*A portfolio to demonstrate your skills would be highly advantageous.
- Enhances data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and ‘big data’ technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency, and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- Educates and/or trains business partners on operational use of reporting solutions.
- Assist with segmenting, profiling, matching, de-duplication, and standardization of master data.
Key Skills & Proficiencies:
- Self-starter with ability to successfully plan, organize, and execute assigned initiatives with minimal guidance and direction.
- Strong listening, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to conduct business systems analysis and prepare business requirement specifications with respect to data related business processes.
- Ability to clearly articulate complex concepts, features, and benefits of analyses to any audience.
- Willing to take initiative.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exhibits high attention to detail and is a champion for accuracy.
- High level of Integrity.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines, ability to multi-task effectively.
- Proactive, results-oriented, and can-do attitude extremely desirable.
- The ability and willingness to do a variety of different tasks.
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume