National Accounts Business Development Manager
Do you want to be a National Accounts Business Development Manager at Autocar?
Who are we? Autocar is the only American truck manufacturer focused on trucks for severe-duty vocational applications. But above all, Autocar is focused on our customers: Our truck helps our customers to be more successful and to achieve their challenging objectives.
Autocar’s hundreds of customers include many of the largest retailers and freight handlers in North America, every national waste-hauling fleet, and major cities such as Chicago, Los Angeles, Houston, Miami, and Charlotte.
As the industry's technology and innovation leader, Autocar has forged strong partnerships with the leading suppliers in the business, including, Allison, Cummins, ArvinMeritor, Hendrickson among others, and has delivered more natural gas vehicles than all of our competitors combined.
Autocar is the oldest motor vehicle manufacturer in the United States and built America's first truck, in 1899. A proudly American-owned company, Autocar is headquartered in Hagerstown, Indiana and is affiliated with GVW Group, based in Highland Park, Illinois.
What will you do? As a National Accounts Business Development Manager, be part of a dynamic sales organization representing our terminal tractor business. Responsible for supporting our sales strategy at the national fleet level; developing and executing sales strategies with existing and conquest national fleet accounts. National fleet accounts include major LTL and TL freight carriers, select large retailers, intermodal companies, and distribution companies. You will use your national fleet contacts with decision makers and your “leading edge” sales experience (very preferably in the Truck, Trailer, or Capital Equipment sector).
- Independently manage all associated sales activities for your book of national fleet accounts as it relates to the development and support of sales growth.
- Forecast order and sales quotas; manage existing customer opportunities, penetrate conquest opportunities and effectively manage travel for account management.
What does it take to successfully undertake this role?
- “Leading edge” national account sales experience, preferably in the trucking or capital equipment sector.
- Ability to develop and maintain a sales opportunity pipeline sufficient to capture or exceed annual top line growth targets.
- Proven track record of increasing sales volume and exceeding targets while maintaining attention to detail.
- At least 5 years of hunter sales experience; specifically managing national accounts
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent business, engineering or related field experience
Where will you work? This role is remote and works from a home office when not traveling to existing and potential customers. Role requires about 80% national travel. Being located near a major airport and East of the Rockies would be beneficial.
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume