Customer Experience Associate (Full-time/Job Share/Part-time/Flex)
This position is customer focused and manages inbound calls, creates, and processes customer orders, resolves inquiries on credits/returns/warranties by facilitating these requests through the appropriate channels.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Guide and process customer orders and inquiries in a fast-paced environment.
- Communicate with customers via phone and email.
- Investigate and solve customer problems and find best possible solutions.
- Help customers navigate our website and place orders online (Automated order entry).
- Provide knowledgeable answers to questions about products, pricing, and availability.
- Respond to shipping inquiries and answer order status questions.
- Become a product expert and understand each customer's needs to provide real, effective solutions and deliver exceptional customer service.
- Analyze and process all required paperwork related to refunds, returns, and warranties
- Generate credit memos and replacement orders adding details into Enterprises Resource Planning (ERP) system for tracking and review purposes
- Comply with changes in policies or renewals
- Process freight claims through claim portal
- Process warranty claims through supplier portal
- Serve as liaison between supplier, customer, and internal departments to investigate claims, to ensure claims are resolved, process orders, returns, credits and warranties.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced skills and knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Strong follow up and team skills.
- Ability to multi-task, problem solve and prioritize to meet deadlines.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others. Working with multiple software’s and platforms simultaneously.
Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
Required Education, Certification, Training
To perform the job successfully, an individual should have or obtain the following education, certification, or training:
- Bachelor's degree or high school diploma with 3+ years of relevant experience. Bachelor's degree strongly preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The work hours for this position are during regular business hours Monday through Friday, and specifically:
- 40 hours per week if full-time; or
- 15-20 hours per week if part-time/job-share, with flexibility in schedule, to be established prior to hire date.
This role is in Highland Park, IL, walking distance to the Metra Train Station. A hybrid option of remote plus on-site work may be available after successful completion of an introductory period of 90 days.
We offer a competitive hourly rate. (Benefits are available for full-time positions only.)
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume