Strategic Sourcing Leader - Electric Vehicles
Do you want to be Autocar’s Strategic Sourcing Lead?
Are you obsessed with customer focus and meeting the end user’s needs? Do you feel stifled by bureaucracy? Have an entrepreneurial drive? Do you refuse to let obstacles get in the way of achieving results?
As a Strategic Sourcing Leader, you will be part of a diverse supply chain team responsible for creating and implementing sourcing strategies for all components used in Autocar trucks. You will lead a team of strong purchasing professionals focused on building positive relationships with both internal and external customers. You will build a plan that focuses on obtaining competitive pricing while identifying and executing cost reduction strategies. You will lead negotiations for selected components and support your team and others to build a foundation that establishes long term contracts with key suppliers. You will need to understand the market and forecast pricing trends to achieve budget and financial goals. You will build relationships in all areas of the business including sales, operations, and engineering.
What Does it Take to Be Part of Our Team?
You’ll Achieve These Key Outcomes:
• Develop a Commodity Category Strategic Plan for Chassis, Cab and Electrical, or Electric Vehicle commodities.
• Execute the Commodity Category Strategic plan by leading suppliers to effectively deliver to Autocar specifications and expectations
• Manage programs and internal customers with focus, priority, process orientation, and emotional intelligence
• Generate a tempo that attains desired results while adapting to changing circumstances with discernment
• Generate and monitor Supply Chain Metrics to set stretch expectations and deliver realistic results
• Forecast and manage costs of current parts
• Identify and ensure cost reduction results through effective communications, strategies, understanding, negotiation, and influence
You’ll Demonstrate These Competencies for Success:
• Strategic thinking that analyzes and understands the organization’s competitive position both internally and externally
• Focused yet flexible to support and lead changes that improve effectiveness
• Engaging with a logical ability to inspire support for ideas, proposals, projects, and solutions.
• Analytical excellence with ability to solve problems with a systematic, sequential approach
• Process driven ability to achieve results in a fast-paced environment
• Honest to do what is right, not politically expedient
Your Background Includes:
• Bachelor's degree
• Operations or Supply Chain Management or Industrial Engineering degrees preferred
• Minimum of 5 years experience in supply chain, commodities sourcing, purchasing, or buying in vehicle manufacturing or heavy-duty equipment manufacturing
• Experience in high volume, high complexity environments
• Working knowledge of sourcing process, systems, tools, and methods
• Desire to apply skills and knowledge to lead the Autocar commodity purchasing team and develop outstanding and viable relationships
• Experience processing metrics to make and recommend decisions
• Experience with statistical and analytics software (i.e. Power BI, Excel, Word, Power Point, Access, SAS, Minitab, etc.)
• Experience in materials planning using a Materials Planning (MRP) system; QAD experience is a plus
• You may have Supply Chain Certification (APICS, CPIM, CSCM)
• You enjoy translating and integrating systems to interpret data analytics and facilitate effective communications with key stakeholders
• You thrive under the challenge to deliver custom solutions for your customers on time, every time - even when customer requirements change
Where will you work?
This role is for Autocar®, LLC, in Birmingham, Alabama. It may be conducted remotely from a home office with approximately 20% travel.
What do we offer in benefits?
We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package, to include base salary, incentive bonus opportunities, and benefits such as medical/dental/vision options, 401K plan, etc.
At Autocar, we are transforming the vocational truck industry, providing the highest quality, safest, and most advanced technology in the severe-duty class 8 vocational truck segment. Every truck we make is custom-engineered, and custom built to the customer’s specifications.
We are a privately US owned and operated company that expects our team members to act with an owner mindset: Relentless about creating value for the end user. Dogged about finding efficiencies and eliminating waste. Standing arm and arm with the rest of the team until the job is done—and ready to do it again the next day, with a smile.
It is not easy do things differently in this industry. But we do it—because we are passionate about improving the lives of the drivers that use our trucks.
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume