Marketing Digital Designer
Job Description: GVW Marketing Digital Designer
DIGITAL DESIGNER OVERVIEW:
Background: To hand-build custom-engineered, severe-duty vocational trucks, Autocar LLC has always focused on the unique needs of our customers. Practical innovation and engineering excellence have differentiated the company by placing the customer at the heart of all we do. Given this background, immersing yourself in a large amount of automotive technical content will be required so that a thorough understanding of the business environment is set. It is imperative that Autocar is perceived as a thought leader on all digital design content.
Anyone entering this role must have a detail orientation and be comfortable with working through technical data to ensure an accurate reflection of the facts. Importantly, the strategy, management, and output of this role must be creative, intelligent, and efficient to relay our product prowess in the most compelling design possible.
The Role: We are looking for the best and brightest to join our growing marketing team. This position is a new role and will be based in our Cape Town (South Africa) office. You will be supported by a small team of highly committed, creative and passionate marketing colleagues in a rapidly growing business seeking a step change in awareness/impact of the Autocar brand.
Responsibilities for this role are to create, manage, and produce digital design solutions for a variety of uses: websites, animation, interactive displays, product graphics, email templates, social media graphics, brand campaigns, and photography.
DETAILED SUBJECT MATTER:
Digital Designer Responsibilities:
- Designing, producing, and managing interactive online content, including email templates, social media, promotional artwork, and informative eBooks/digital banners.
- The role will have a specific automotive aspect which will require focused attention to detail in delivering excellence in the design output of truck photography. I.e., Autocar Truck Calendar.
- Preparing briefs for each project and presenting design ideas to all the relevant stakeholders.
- Collaborating with the customer engagement and marketing teams to ensure that all designs align with the brand image, while also meeting usability and website standards.
- Reviewing truck and people (owners, drivers, engineers, staff) photographic content to create compelling designs that grow the Autocar and GVW brands.
- Creation of design guidelines for GVW and all subsidiary operating entities.
- Ensuring consistency in designs and content across all company platforms.
- Transforming wireframes into intuitive user interfaces.
- Reviewing online marketing and design content to identify room for improvement.
- Review current customer design journeys in order to amend and streamline the customer experience.
- Working with the IT department (CAB Meetings) to oversee the smooth implementation of new content.
- Providing advice and guidance on the aesthetic for campaigns, projects, and promotional events.
- Ensuring all marketing presentation decks are a professional representation of the agreed brand positioning design guidelines.
- Take responsibility for the delivery of the marketing team’s design OKRs.
- Understand the industry, customer, and platform design trends; ensuring our designs are marketing-leading and differentiated.
- Ensure custom designs per target audiences/persona for the brand and three vocational markets.
- Proactively monitor the performance of digital design implementation and amend for efficiency.
- The role is not limited to only the above subject matter, an important success factor will be the development, onboarding, and implementation of innovative technology to grow the Autocar Brand through its digital design presence.
- Key Platforms/Channels: Website, Mobile Site, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Linkedin, Twitter
- Geographic Market: North America
- CRM: ZOHO
- Successful track record in digital design.
- No HR management of team members
- 3 days per week in office / 2 days work from home
Based in our Cape Town office in Durbanville, this is predominantly an engineering environment that is output driven and not a typical advertising agency environment. There are three other marketing staff in the team: two based in the US and one in Cape Town.
GVW Marketing Director, Cape Town.
OTHER RELATED DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
- Present updated weekly digital design marketing status document
- Support onboarding of new technology
QUALIFICATIONS AND VALUES:
- Bachelor's degree in digital design, graphic design, or a related field.
- Proven experience in a professional digital design role.
- A portfolio of previous digital design work to showcase experience and creativity.
- Solid knowledge of design software programs, such as Sketch, InVision, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Ability to clearly present design ideas and concepts for campaigns and projects.
- Proven track record in building B2B product based brands online.
- Team player with strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Results oriented and willing to take initiative.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office Tools: Excel, Outlook, and Word
WHO WE ARE:
Autocar is the Oldest Vehicle name plate in the US, it originated in 1897 with America’s first car, and then moved onto bigger things in 1899 by building America’s first production truck, it also made the first Electric Truck in 1923. Autocar LLC is a proudly US based OEM that is privately owned with two manufacturing plants, in Birmingham (AL) and Hagerstown (IL). Autocar hand builds premium, severe duty vocational trucks for the NA market and custom engineers them to every order.
“It is said that a company’s products are a reflection of the people who work there….so it’s no coincidence that our trucks are BADASS®. The easy path is meant for someone else because it does not lead to excellence, and we will not settle for anything less for our customers. We are dedicated to our employees, and are obsessed with customer excellence and persevering until it is Done Done!”
VISION, MISSION, AND BRAND:
- Vision: To deliver ALWAYS UP® products, services and experiences that create raving fans.
- Mission: By uniquely designing, manufacturing, servicing, we will revolutionize the tools for our customers to make it easy and simple to be ALWAYS UP®
- Brand Promise: Always Up®!!“We are always up to deliver customer excellence and severe duty vocational tools that never break down”.
- Who we Build for: The Customer is our Boss.“We exist for customer service excellence in the tools we make and the services we deliver”.
- Why we Build: To Create Raving Fans of Custom Tools.“Our customers love our trucks and share positive word of mouth about their Autocar experiences”.
- How we Build: Obsess Over Unique Customer Needs.“We are set up by vocation to exceed every customer’s unique needs”.
- What we build: Premium Custom-Made Severe Duty Vocational Tools.“We build Badass™ tools that get America's most severe duty jobs done done!”
4680 Pinson Valley Pkwy, Birmingham, AL 35215 – 765.489.5499 – 551 S. Washington St, Hagerstown, IN 47346
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume