Senior Manager of Human Resources
Do you want to be the Senior Manager of Human Resources at autocar?
Are you obsessed with customer focus and meeting the end user’s needs? Do you feel stifled by bureaucracy? Have an entrepreneurial drive? Do you refuse to let obstacles get in the way of achieving results?
It takes a special kind of person to be a part of this business in transformation. We are privately owned and expect our team members to act with an owner mindset: Relentless about creating value for the end user. Dogged about finding efficiencies and eliminating waste. Standing arm and arm with the rest of the team until the job is done—and ready to do it again the next day, with a smile. It is not easy do things differently in this industry. But we do it—because we are passionate about improving the lives of the drivers that use our trucks.
You will develop, direct and implement a proactive and different approach to bring out the best in people and implement management’s philosophy on hiring and developing people in our organization. You will strengthen our ability to help the organization grow based on our most important asset: our people.
- Implement management philosophy about people and management HR operational strategy
- Ensure development & delivery of high-quality HR processes
- Execute strategy for organizational culture
- Execute policies & procedures consistent with organizational values and goals
- Analyze functional programs
- Mitigate compliance risks
- Manage Immigration Onboarding Processes
- Guide and advise leaders in corrective action, development plans, employee terminations, etc.
- Execute employee communication and engagement initiatives
- Prepare, implement and conduct new-hire onboarding and orientation
- Administer and advise leaders regarding legal and regulatory compliance: FMLA, ADA, FLSA, EEO, ACA, etc.
- Participate in designing action plans for specific site initiatives that support the strategic plan with the appropriate stakeholders
- Participate in the continuous assessment, prioritization and revision of capability development plans.
- Lead the implementation and communication of standard site and system learning solutions at the site
- Deliver training for defined learning solutions
- Analyzes data and report monthly standard and adhoc HR metrics
- Ensure consistent policy implementation and adherence
- Perform thorough investigations into harassment and ethics complaints and resolve issues as quickly as possible
- Stay abreast of changing legal and HR best practices
- Administers 30-60-90-day new employee experience and exit interviews.
- Process hourly payroll
- 10+ years in a dedicated HR role with at least 7 years of HR management experience
- Experience in an organization with a progressive approach to people
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, or related field. Master’s degree a plus
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP a plus
- Problem solver with a proven track record of driving results
- Proven ability to effectively and respectfully work with individuals at varying levels within an organization
- Microsoft Office Suite, ATS and ADP proficiency
- Ability to provide relevant and immediate feedback in a fast-paced and complex environment
- Able to create, analyze, report and manipulate HR data
- Recruiting experience
- Union experience, a plus
Where will you work? This role is located at Autocar, LLC’s Hagerstown, IN location.
What do we offer in benefits? We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package, to include base salary, incentive bonus opportunities, and benefits such as medical/dental/vision options, 401K plan, etc.
4680 Pinson Valley Parkway, Birmingham, AL 35215 Office: 765.489.5499 Fax: 765.489.5230
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume