Do you want to be our Investment Accountant?
Can you be comfortable being uncomfortable? Are you fine with always speaking your mind? Can you lead, execute, and stay focused despite many distractions, and do the work yourself if needed?
We invest in and grow businesses that disrupt their industries by putting the customers’ needs first. From big data to industrial manufacturing, we deliver tools that transform the work of the people that use them.
It takes a special kind of person to be a part of this business in transformation. We are privately owned and expect our team members to act with an owner mindset: Relentless about creating value for the customer. Dogged about finding efficiencies and eliminating waste. Standing arm in arm with the rest of the team until the job is done—and ready to do it again the next day, with a smile. It is not easy to do things differently. But we do it—because we are passionate about improving our business and the lives of the people who use our tools.
What will you do?
GVW Group is searching for an Accountant to join our team at the GVW Investment company, GVW Investments. You will play a key role in the Family Office group, working with a small team while providing diversified day-to-day support to company owners and other sister companies. You will also support the accounting for the Real Estate company that is This position is fairly new and continually evolving. Therefore, this is a great position for someone that likes taking on new challenges, creating new processes and procedures, and prefers a dynamic work environment.
- Manage the day-to-day accounting processes with Banks, Investment Funds, Brokers, Real Estate Project Manager
- Assist in the accounting and bookkeeping of the Family group of entities and the Real Estate companies
- Control and documentation of new investment/acquisitions or remodeling costs
- Monthly Financial statements complete and accurate
- Support to the operations team on financial information for the business model
- Ad-hoc reports as requested by management
- Maintain the general ledger and portfolio reporting in the platform for family entities, as well as monthly closing of the growing Real Estate companies. Family entities include individuals, trusts, and investment partnerships. The expectation is at least monthly cash reconciliations and consolidated general ledger closings.
- Create and maintain customized weekly, monthly, and annual reports for the Investment group.
- Assist with managing family investment including capital calls and portfolio rebalancing.
- Assist with the completion of investment subscription documents, as they arise, for alternative investments.
- Assist with maintaining electronic data storage of financial information and portals for the Trusts.
- Assist with cash management including wire transfers.
- Assist outside consultants with income tax preparation for family entities.
- Assist with occasional due diligence and financial analysis on potential investments.
- Coordinate and interact with banks, financial institutions, and outside advisors.
- Review fixed asset ledgers to ensure items are properly capitalized and depreciated
- Account for and reconcile cost reports together with General Contractors
- Interact with Property Manager to ensure adequate accounting for rents, payments, maintenance, new projects, construction, etc.
- Ensure financial records are GAAP compliant.
- Liaison with internal and external auditors
- Respond to routine and non-routine inquiries from field offices, tax consultants, other departments, and colleagues
- Other duties as assigned for the Autocar or GVW companies
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in accounting, business, finance, or related field
- Advanced knowledge of QuickBooks Desktop and Microsoft Excel
- CPA license required
- 2-4 years of accounting experience., preferably in a family office, private wealth industry, real estate, and public accounting.
- Familiarity with investing, mutual funds, private company investments, and investment partnerships preferred.
- Familiarity with trusts, estate planning, and income tax is a plus.
- Ability to function effectively in a dynamic fast-paced and fluid environment.
- Outstanding organizational skills with the ability to work on several projects simultaneously.
- The ability to observe the highest levels of confidentiality
- Exceptionally high attention to detail, intellectual curiosity, and unmatched problem-solving skills
Analytical Thinking: Tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
Customer Orientations: Demonstrate concern for satisfying one’s external and/or internal customers.
Diagnostic Information Gathering: Identify the information needed to clarify a situation, seek that information from appropriate sources, and use skillful questioning to draw out the information, when others are reluctant to disclose it.
Flexibility: Openness to different and new ways of doing things; willingness to modify one's preferred way of doing things.
Honesty/Integrity: Does not cut corners ethically. Does what is right, not what is politically expedient. Speaks truthfully.
Organization and Planning: Plan, organize, schedule, and budget in an efficient, productive manner. Focus on key priorities and get these done.
Where will you work? Miami, FL
What do we offer in benefits? We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package, to include fixed base salary and benefits including medical/dental/vision options, retirement/401K plans, etc.
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume