Supply Chain Planning Manager
Do you want to be a Supply Chain Planning Manager at Autocar Parts?
Can you be comfortable being uncomfortable? Are you fine with always speaking your mind? Can you lead, execute, and stay focused despite many distractions, and do the work yourself if needed?
At Autocar Parts, we fight for the customer’s needs. We invest in and grow businesses that disrupt their industries by putting the customers’ needs first. From big data to industrial manufacturing, we deliver tools that transform the work of the people that use them.
It takes a special kind of person to be a part of this business in transformation. We are privately owned and expect our team members to act with an owner mindset: Relentless about creating value for the customer. Dogged about finding efficiencies and eliminating waste. Standing arm in arm with the rest of the team until the job is done—and ready to do it again the next day, with a smile.
It is not easy do things differently. But we do it—because we are passionate about improving our business and the lives of the people who use our tools.
- Coordinate the team activities to improve product availability for a distribution business with 50,000 active items.
- Drive process improvement, analytics, systemic actions, and behavioral decision making to fully utilize our ERP and advanced planning system to improve customer service while reducing inventory.
Autocar Parts is currently looking for an experienced Supply Chain Planning Manager. This position is a key role within our strategic plan for efficient management of resources. An enthusiastic self-starter with a strong drive to improve existing processes and systems is highly desired. Excellent organizational skills, ability to balance immediate/long term priorities and exceptional multitasking skills are a necessity. Key objectives will be achieving/improving/exceeding targeted purchasing standards and goals, managing inventory levels and targets, and managing supply and demand within the product supply chain.
- Provide direction to teams in Supply Chain. Analyze, resolve or escalate inventory issues
- Ensure daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly tasks of Supply Chain teams meet standards
- Resolve daily Supply Chain issues. Direct team regarding issue resolution and continuous improvement.
- Communicate to senior management Supply Chain and service issues with short and long term recommendations on resolution.
- Ensure inventory plans and execution of plans are consistent with Supply Chain goals.
- Maintain strong working relationships and communications directly with the manufacturers and suppliers to confirm production/shipping schedules and monitor open purchase orders for all orders to ensure on-time deliveries
- Partner with our truck manufacturing business to build joint forecasts and leverage common vendors/materials
- Participate and contribute to monthly Sales and Operations Planning process
- Prepare and present forward-looking, future projections of inventory, volume, service, planning, capacity, and space considerations. Assure that the system parameters are correct. Manage communication between Teams.
- Drive process improvement in Supply and Demand Planning by designing processes that fully leverage the abas ERP and Demand Caster advance planning functionality.
- Complete special projects and assignments as requested
- Supply Chain Planning experience with both domestic and overseas vendors.
- Fully competent in ERP and Advanced Supply Chain Planning tools including Demand Planning, Inventory Planning and Distribution Requirements Planning
- Experience with leading S&OP processes preferred
- Strong analytical, planning and organizational skills including statistical analysis
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills (oral & written)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Expert level in Excel
- Worked within a distribution business with multiple customer facing distribution centers
- Knowledge of planning triggers/settings (safety stock, Min/MAX, batch quantity). Statistics background preferred
- Self-starter with ability to work independently under pressure and react quickly to changing priorities
- Bachelor’s Degree Required; preferred supply chain, logistics or mathematics focus
- At least 5 years’ experience as supply chain planner/manager in a distribution environment
- 2 years of management experience preferred, will consider supply chain project leadership experience
- Direct involvement in the implementation of an ERP or advanced planning system preferred
- APICS or similar certification preferred
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume