Our Strategic Marketing team is the center of excellence for developing and providing sales marketing strategies and support. They use their expertise to lead strategic initiatives and product roll outs including our top 50 and key accounts while providing support and collaboration to our Client Solutions, Product and Marketing team.
GumGum is seeking a dynamic and articulate Marketing Strategist whose primary function is to support the Ad Sales team by providing strategic recommendations and collateral in an effort to increase revenue across their region. The ideal candidate will be a strategic data driven thinker that can work cross-functionally. You will be a proactive go-getter with in-depth knowledge of the digital media landscape and proficiency working with advertisers, building presentations and crafting compelling data driven stories. The Marketing Strategist will report to the Director of Strategic Marketing.
- Collaborate with the Sales, Marketing, CSMs and Account Management teams to develop and customize strategic data driven presentations and proposals that will deliver KPI oriented results for our high budget clients and drive high-margin revenue for GumGum top strategic accounts
- Work directly with Sales members to assist in presenting large proposal ideas and provide in-person meeting support
- Maintain in depth knowledge of the media landscape and provide proactive and creative ways to generate revenue
- Expertise in leveraging research, creative thinking, industry knowledge, and agency expertise to formulate strategic and data driven stories
- Execute on initiatives focused on the client experience enhancement program led by the Lead/Senior Marketing Strategist
- Partner with Product, Design and Marketing to execute specialized and unique sales programs and initiatives
- Work with the CSM team to provide support for RFPs and custom thought starters for strategic accounts
- Contribute to the client experience enhancement program by executing initiatives
- Function as a "floater" to help other regions when needed
- Lead ideation on high level thought starters, packages and sponsorship ideas surrounding high profile events, seasons or Holidays
- Maintain a deep understanding of the GumGum platform, products and technology to support the sales staff in creating effective presentations and proposals
- 2-3 years working as a CSM
- 2-3 years working at an Agency or Brand
- Superb communication skills and creative thinker
- Bachelors Degree
- PowerPoint, Excel and Word skills a must
- Knowledgeable of comScore, Quantcast and other research tools
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive health, vision and dental benefits
- Healthcare and dependent care FSA
- Employer-matched 401(k) plan
- Stock incentive program
- Paid parental leave
- Fitness reimbursement and wellness workshops
- Discounted Pet Health Program
- Flexible time off and work schedule
- Commuter perks
- Incredible work/life balance with a collaborative and friendly work space
- GumGum Gives Back volunteering opportunities
- Team building lunches and events, and monthly company celebrations
Career & Development Focus
- Ongoing learning and development for education opportunities such as webinars, books, classes, relevant conferences and events
- Opportunities to pursue business related side projects and yearly Hackathon
- Highly encouraged to contribute to open source software, including our own open source software
- Environment of learning from peers, including meetups, presentations and blog posts
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology
- Life Skills sessions - geared towards the whole life/health / person
- Leadership Bites Dinner Series - connecting current and future GumGum leaders over great food and meaningful conversation
We invite you to learn more about GumGum!
GumGum is an AI company with expertise in computer vision built on the imagination of its people. Each day, our talented team of thinkers and doers comes together to solve hard problems on behalf of the world’s most successful businesses. Through a combination of computer science, creativity and hustle, we’ve produced a series of major technology breakthroughs across a variety of industries - from advertising to sports.
GumGum is constantly evolving to be at the forefront of computer vision and machine learning advancements. With nearly 10 years experience, we use our proprietary image recognition technology to deliver highly engaging, contextually relevant ad experiences across premium publishers all over the world.
Our Products & Services...
Our Advertising business serves contextual marketing messages in line with content users are actively engaged with.
Our Sports business helps marketers and rights holders understand the full media value of their sponsorship investments across broadcast and social media. And we deliver on brand safety by leveraging our AI to detect unsafe text and imagery, allowing us to deliver ads in brand safe, contextually relevant environments.
What’s a Hackathon? We’re glad you asked. Our employees split into teams and spend 48 hours ‘hacking’ together before presenting their ideas to our executive team. It’s a chance for anyone within our company to showcase the visions they want to bring to fruition.
GumGum recently earned LA’s Best Places to Work Award, and it’s no surprise why. With company-sponsored social hours, annual holiday celebrations and o-site gatherings, GumGummers enjoy a fun, creative and collaborative workplace. We provide ourselves on our strong track record of giving employees the autonomy and support they need to succeed.
Oh, and doggies...
We love our dogs so much, we even have an Instagram dedicated to them! Follow us: @dogsofgumgum
Careers at GumGum
GumGum Women in Tech Panel - Living a Balanced Life
Women of GumGum Around the World
Innovators in Esports Content
Sponsorship Targeting with Visual Intelligence
GumGum Sports - Sizzle Reel - 2019 (EMEA)
GumGum - LinkedIn
GumGum is committed to providing equal opportunities. GumGum prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws (“Protected Characteristics”). It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.