Assistant Account Manager
Sports teams sell hundreds of millions of dollars each in sponsorships every year, with brands investing in sponsorships across the globe. In a world that is now driven by analytics, there is more scrutiny than ever in where every dollar is spent and what a return on investment looks like.
GumGum Sports is an AI-Powered Sponsorship Measurement Platform that analyzes the earned media value that brands generate from their sponsorships across broadcast TV, social media and streaming platforms. Leveraging computer vision technology, we provide the most comprehensive, automated, and accurate measurement software to value sponsorships. Sports teams can provide a 360º view of how their sponsors get value across every digital medium, and sponsors can measure who drives their highest return on investment.
GumGum Sports is looking for an Assistant Account Manager to join our team in Chicago to support our rapidly expanding global sports technology business and client base. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of the sponsorship valuation landscape and have worked directly with agencies, brands & / or rights holders. This person will support an Account Manager in servicing strategic clients, but will also have portfolio of clients of their own to manage. The ideal candidate will have prior experience interpreting data, developing presentations and working in a client servicing role.
- A core member of the account management team, providing overall analytic and strategic support across our team, league, brand and agency clients
- Help identify key insights, best practices and trends based on the client valuations in order to advise our clients on using their data in an actionable way
- Develop a deep understanding of the GumGum Sports platform, products & technology
- Manage relationships with Rights Holder, Brand and Agency clients
- Work closely with the operations team to on-board and train new clients in using GumGum Sports’ products and platform
- Develop customized summary reports for clients and their partners
- Collaborate across operations, product, sales and account management teams to identify process and product improvements in order to better solve for client needs
- Attend client meetings & industry events
- 1-2 years relevant of sports, account management, or marketing experience
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Entrepreneurial, passionate and highly motivated team player
- Strong communication skills with an emphasis on writing and presenting
- Demonstrated analytic skills with the ability to interpret data
- Ability to handle numerous tasks simultaneously with excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- Proactive and solutions oriented with a natural gravitation to problem solving
- PowerPoint, Excel & Word skills are a must, Salesforce and Looker experience is a plus
- Possess strong work ethic, is flexible, collaborative and thrives in a fast-paced work environment
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive health, vision and dental benefits
- Healthcare and dependent care FSA
- Employer-matched 401(k) plan
- Stock incentive program
- Paid parental leave
- Fitness reimbursement and wellness workshops
- Discounted Pet Health Program
- Flexible time off and work schedule
- Incredible work/life balance with a collaborative and friendly work space
- GumGum Gives Back volunteering opportunities
- Team building lunches and events, and monthly company celebrations
Career & Personal Development Focus
- Ongoing learning and development for education opportunities such as webinars, books, classes, relevant conferences and events
- Opportunities to pursue business related side projects and yearly Hackathon
- Highly encouraged to contribute to open source software, including our own open source software
- Environment of learning from peers, including meetups, presentations and blog posts
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology
- Life Skills sessions - geared towards the whole life/health/person
- Leadership Bites Dinner Series - connecting current and future GumGum leaders over great food and meaningful conversation
We invite you to learn more about GumGum!
GumGum is an AI company with expertise in computer vision built on the imagination of its people. Each day, our talented team of thinkers and doers comes together to solve hard problems on behalf of the world’s most successful businesses. Through a combination of computer science, creativity and hustle, we’ve produced a series of major technology breakthroughs across a variety of industries - from advertising to sports.
GumGum is constantly evolving to be at the forefront of computer vision and machine learning advancements. With nearly 10 years experience, we use our proprietary image recognition technology to deliver highly engaging, contextually relevant ad experiences across premium publishers all over the world.
Our Products & Services...
Our Advertising business serves contextual marketing messages in line with content users are actively engaged with.
Our Sports business helps marketers and rights holders understand the full media value of their sponsorship investments across broadcast and social media. And we deliver on brand safety by leveraging our AI to detect unsafe text and imagery, allowing us to deliver ads in brand safe, contextually relevant environments.
What’s a Hackathon? We’re glad you asked. Our employees split into teams and spend 48 hours ‘hacking’ together before presenting their ideas to our executive team. It’s a chance for anyone within our company to showcase the visions they want to bring to fruition.
GumGum recently earned LA’s Best Places to Work Award, and it’s no surprise why. With company-sponsored social hours, annual holiday celebrations and o-site gatherings, GumGummers enjoy a fun, creative and collaborative workplace. We provide ourselves on our strong track record of giving employees the autonomy and support they need to succeed.
Oh, and doggies...
We love our dogs so much, we even have an Instagram dedicated to them! Follow us: @dogsofgumgum
Careers at GumGum
GumGum Women in Tech Panel - Living a Balanced Life
Women of GumGum Around the World
Innovators in Esports Content
Sponsorship Targeting with Visual Intelligence
GumGum Sports - Sizzle Reel - 2019 (EMEA)
GumGum - LinkedIn
GumGum is committed to providing equal opportunities. GumGum prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws (“Protected Characteristics”). It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.