We’re looking to bring on an earnest and collaborative interactive designer as a new addition to our small team. If you are versatile, like fast-paced, high-visibility projects then you’ll find our atmosphere very rewarding. You’ll be on the cutting edge of advertising and your concepts and designs could easily end up in front of millions of users across the web and mobile devices.
Primary projects will be focused on campaign work while other projects will hone in on sales pitches to new and recurring clients, all of which will involve fundamental web design, motion graphics and/or video editing.
- Execute design solutions based on initial conceptual and visual direction
- Create media campaigns including 2D animations and rich media
- Brainstorming ideas as well as creating digital mockups to support the sales team when pitching to clients Integrate a clean aesthetic across internal and external materials, including but not limited to, our company presentations and promotional material
- 2+ years of interactive design and graphic design/print experience with a design studio, agency or digital media company
- Proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite (particularly in Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Experience in some form of animation (Flash, After Effects, Hype or 3D packages)
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Proficient in Japanese and English, both verbal and written
- Maintains a clean visual aesthetic while working with any advertiser
- General awareness of current trends in UI and UX in both the browser and mobile spaces
- Ability to thrive in a fast－paced, startup environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience exercising a high degree of professionalism and diplomacy in interactions with all levels of the organization
- Interest and acumen in understanding business concepts and models
- Proactive and solutions-oriented with natural gravitation to problem-solving
- Team-first orientation with strong ability to collaborate across internal, external and client teams
- Stock incentive program
- Health insurance support
- Separated paid leave and sick leave
- WeWork membership
- Fitness reimbursement
- High growth startup environment and culture
- Continuous learning and professional development
- Company-wide Hackathons
We invite you to learn more about GumGum!
GumGum is an AI company with expertise in computer vision built on the imagination of its people. Each day, our talented team of thinkers and doers comes together to solve hard problems on behalf of the world’s most successful businesses. Through a combination of computer science, creativity and hustle, we’ve produced a series of major technology breakthroughs across a variety of industries - from advertising to sports.
GumGum is constantly evolving to be at the forefront of computer vision and machine learning advancements. With nearly 10 years experience, we use our proprietary image recognition technology to deliver highly engaging, contextually relevant ad experiences across premium publishers all over the world.
Our Products & Services...
Our Advertising business serves contextual marketing messages in line with content users are actively engaged with.
Our Sports business helps marketers and rights holders understand the full media value of their sponsorship investments across broadcast and social media. And we deliver on brand safety by leveraging our AI to detect unsafe text and imagery, allowing us to deliver ads in brand safe, contextually relevant environments.
What’s a Hackathon? We’re glad you asked. Our employees split into teams and spend 48 hours ‘hacking’ together before presenting their ideas to our executive team. It’s a chance for anyone within our company to showcase the visions they want to bring to fruition.
GumGum recently earned LA’s Best Places to Work Award, and it’s no surprise why. With company-sponsored social hours, annual holiday celebrations and o-site gatherings, GumGummers enjoy a fun, creative and collaborative workplace. We provide ourselves on our strong track record of giving employees the autonomy and support they need to succeed.
Oh, and doggies...
We love our dogs so much, we even have an Instagram dedicated to them! Follow us: @dogsofgumgum
Careers at GumGum
GumGum Women in Tech Panel - Living a Balanced Life
Women of GumGum Around the World
Innovators in Esports Content
Sponsorship Targeting with Visual Intelligence
GumGum Sports - Sizzle Reel - 2019 (EMEA)
GumGum - LinkedIn
GumGum is committed to providing equal opportunities. GumGum prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws (“Protected Characteristics”). It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.