Senior Security Engineer (Pre-Sales)
Senior Security Engineer – Northeast (Boston / New York)
Senior Security Engineers at GuidePoint Security are experienced professionals who are autonomous, experienced, self-driven security fanatics. Our Senior Security Engineers are one of our biggest differentiators and act as a trusted advisor to our clients . They are materially involved in the complete security technologies opportunity lifecycle, from pre-sales through delivery and have the freedom and control over how engagements are scoped and delivered. Our unique position as both a Value-Added Reseller (VAR) AND a professional services organization also requires our Security Engineers to continually expand their knowledge and experience with the latest cutting-edge information security technologies. This helps satisfy our Security Engineers desire to constantly expand their knowledge and better meet the needs of our clients. Candidates must reside locally within the New England or New York Metro for local travel when necessary.
Role and responsibilities:
- Expectations for this role is 70% pre-sales and 30% delivery
- Travel may be required to clients in New England and New York Metro area
- Security Engineers work from remote/virtual when not visiting client locations
- Serve as our Clients’ primary technical point of contact throughout a project life cycle
- Minimum 5 years in an enterprise level security consultative role building and assessing Information Security architectures and programs
- Hands-on experience designing, implementing, and operationalizing security controls across a wide range of IT and enterprise business systems
- Proficiency in multiple security technologies, including but not limited to: Next-Gen Firewalls, DLP, SASE, NAC, PAM, EDR, NDR, SIEM, APPSEC, CWPP, CSPM, etc.
- Proficiency with networking security concepts such as routing, segmentation, zones, NAT, etc.
- Understand and articulate complex technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to autonomously prioritize and successfully deliver across a portfolio of projects in a fast paced environment
- Author comprehensive business and technical collateral to support the business that is proficiently tailored to both technical and managerial audiences
Experience, Education, and Technical Experience required:
- Prior experience in a corporate operational or technical leadership role
- Prior experience in a client facing pre-sales and consulting role
- Experience with security technologies including, Zscaler, Palo Alto, Broadcom DLP, Microsoft, Check Point, CrowdStrike, Splunk, CyberArk, Checkmarx, Contrast, Veracode, etc
- Experience with security and deploying complex environments into AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience
GuidePoint Security is a rapidly growing, profitable, privately-held value added reseller that focuses exclusively on Information Security. Since its inception in 2011, GuidePoint has grown to over 400 employees, established strategic partnerships with leading security vendors, and serves as a trusted advisor to more than 1,000 clients.
Firmly-defined core values drive all aspects of the business, which have been paramount to the company’s success and establishment of an enjoyable workplace atmosphere. At GuidePoint, your colleagues are knowledgeable, skilled, and experienced and will seek to collaborate and provide mentorship and guidance at every opportunity.
This is a unique and rare opportunity to grow your career along with one of the fastest growing companies in the nation.
Some added perks….
- MacBook Air or Pro
- Healthy mobile phone and home internet allowance
- 100% employer-paid medical and dental with generous employer family contributions
- Eligibility for retirement plan after 2 months at open enrollment
Equal Opportunity Employer
GuidePoint Security, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.