Senior Security Consultant - Governance and Risk (Remote)
GuidePoint Security provides trusted cybersecurity expertise, solutions and services that help organizations make better decisions and minimize risk. By taking a three-tiered, holistic approach for evaluating security posture and ecosystems, GuidePoint enables some of the nation’s top organizations, such as Fortune 500 companies and U.S. government agencies, to identify threats, optimize resources and integrate best-fit solutions that mitigate risk.
GuidePoint Security offers a comprehensive set of Governance and Risk services, including risk assessments, virtual CISO services, security maturity program reviews, enterprise cybersecurity risk assessments and development of cybersecurity risk management programs, vendor risk management programs, business continuity and impact analysis services, policy and awareness services, data protection programs, and advisory services.
GuidePoint Security’s Governance and Risk team's offerings are consistently evolving with the security industry and the risks that modern environments face. You will contribute your knowledge, experience, and creativity to face these challenges head-on and equip the practice for success in the years to come. As a Senior Security Consultant, you will use your experience to deliver world-class consulting services that provide outstanding value to clients and help them achieve their goals. Your experience will be vital to ensuring the expanded growth and success of the practice into the future.
Role and Responsibilities
- Deliver successful consulting engagements across multiple Governance and Risk offerings while maintaining a high degree of customer satisfaction.
- Establish strong relationships and trust with customers to understand customer’s business environments and requirements.
- Assess, develop, and implement cybersecurity risk management programs that integrate with Enterprise Risk Management within an organization.
- Assess, develop, and implement data governance and protection programs, including conducting data discovery of data flows and inventories, and evaluate the security and privacy controls that protect an organization’s sensitive data. Design and implement data protection programs to meet the unique security and privacy needs of customers.
- Define and develop security governance and risk metrics programs, including balanced score cards, Key Risk Indicators (KRI), and Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
- Design and development comprehensive security control catalogs and assess the completeness of existing control catalogs.
- Develop security program strategic plans for multinational organizations.
- Lead and execute services that drive the maturation of a security program within large organizations.
- Work with other GuidePoint Security practices as part of a cohesive cross-functional team.
Experience and Education
- Must have minimum 5-7 years’ experience performing GRC consulting services for clients of various verticals, including financial and insurance, retail, healthcare, service providers (SaaS, PaaS, etc.), manufacturing, critical infrastructure/energy, etc. Large multi-national experience is preferred.
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of security frameworks including, NIST CSF, ISO 27K, and others.
- Strong demonstrated experience in assessing, developing, and implementing cybersecurity risk management programs that integrate with Enterprise Risk Management within an organization.
- Strong understanding of all the functions within a security program, the ability to assess the maturity of a security program, and how to provide strategic recommendations and direction to senior leadership.
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of various risk assessment methodologies, using both qualitative and quantitative risk analysis.
- Strong demonstrated experience with assessing, developing, and implementing data governance and protection programs, including conducting data discovery of data flows and inventories and evaluate the security and privacy controls that protect an organization’s sensitive data.
- Strong demonstrated experience with driving cybersecurity assessments for M&As within large organizations.
- Strong demonstrated experience leading the maturation of a security program within large organizations.
- Experience with one or more GRC platforms.
- Experience in reviewing and developing Security Incident Response Plans and runbooks.
- Experience with Enterprise Architecture and Security Architecture methodologies, and ability to develop security architecture artifacts that support security policies, standards, and controls.
- Strong written and oral communication, which includes articulating thoughts and distilling complex problems into digestible information to be consumed by anyone from technical resources to the highest level of management; proven experience communicating clearly to technical levels up through C-Level and Board level.
- Strong written communication skills to aid in the creation of customer deliverables.
- Ability to provide presales support for Governance and Risk opportunities.
- Ability to contribute to practice and offering development.
- Remain current on industry developments and incorporate into service delivery
- Strong ability to work independently and multi-task on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Publish content and/or perform conference speaking to demonstrate thought leadership
- Personal drive and passion for growing themselves and the GRC Practice.
- Standard industry certifications are preferred, such as CISSP, CISA, CISM, CRISC, CBCP, GIAC, etc.
- Conference speaking experience is preferred.
GuidePoint Security is a rapidly growing, profitable, privately-held value added reseller that focuses exclusively on Information Security. Since its inception in 2011, GuidePoint has grown to over 400 employees, established strategic partnerships with leading security vendors, and serves as a trusted advisor to more than 1,000 clients.
Firmly-defined core values drive all aspects of the business, which have been paramount to the company’s success and establishment of an enjoyable workplace atmosphere. At GuidePoint, your colleagues are knowledgeable, skilled, and experienced and will seek to collaborate and provide mentorship and guidance at every opportunity.
This is a unique and rare opportunity to grow your career along with one of the fastest growing companies in the nation.
Some added perks….
- MacBook Air or Pro
- Healthy mobile phone and home internet allowance
- 100% employer-paid medical and dental with generous employer family contributions
- Eligibility for retirement plan after 2 months at open enrollment
Equal Opportunity Employer
GuidePoint Security, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.