Federal - Data Loss Prevention (DLP) Engineer
GuidePoint Security is looking for a Data Loss Prevention Engineer to support a Federal client. Candidates will have experience in Symantec DLP, McAfee DLP, Raytheon DLP, or Varonis. The candidate will work with the Vendor SME to support the installation of Varonis capabilities at client with the overall goal in protection of High Value Assets (HVA) for the client. Will need to provide data analysis to identify trends and patterns of the DLP capability. Resources with programming skills for improved automation are preferred. This position is contingent upon prime acceptance and clearance. It will primarily be remote; however, it will require the ability to be on site at the customer's location in Washington, DC, up to 10% of the time.
Role and Responsibilities
- Engineer, Deploy, and Operate Varonis
- Serve as a Varonis Engineer within the organization to span technical, operational, and governance
- Collaborating in the rules development life cycle including policy development, response rules, authoring, and maintenance
- Auditing to include development, implementation, and maintenance and the regular evaluation of policies to validate and verify ongoing DLP coverage at all monitoring points is in place and effective
- Troubleshoot issues and document any root cause and/or resolutions
- Build content as directed by customer to facilitate customers HVA mission
- Embed and become an integral part of the HVA mission
- Deliver content and reports as required
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience
- 3 Years of Symantec and/or McAfee DLP operational experience is required; must have implemented and managed DLP program; must possess strong technical knowledge of DLP architecture, system policies, rules, etc.
- Coding/Scripting experience (e.g. Python, Perl, PowerShell)
- Proven experience with creating Regular Expressions Experience with RESTful APIs and automation
- Knowledge of data classification solutions
- Knowledge of cryptographic implementations at media, file, and application levels
- Experience with metadata management and data tagging and creating custom data analytics for data security
- Strong verbal and written communications skills; must be able to effectively communicate technical details and thoughts in non-technical/general terminology to various levels of the organization
- Work well in team environments with internal and external resources as well as work independently on tasks
- Strong organizational, and time management skills
The ability to obtain a clearance may be required for this position.
GuidePoint Security is a rapidly growing, profitable, privately-held value added reseller that focuses exclusively on Information Security. Since its inception in 2011, GuidePoint has grown to over 440 employees, established strategic partnerships with leading security vendors, and serves as a trusted advisor to more than 1,000 clients.
Firmly-defined core values drive all aspects of the business, which have been paramount to the company’s success and establishment of an enjoyable workplace atmosphere. At GuidePoint, your colleagues are knowledgeable, skilled, and experienced and will seek to collaborate and provide mentorship and guidance at every opportunity. This is a unique and rare opportunity to grow your career along with the one of the fastest growing companies in the nation.
Some added perks….
- MacBook Pro
- Healthy mobile phone and home internet allowance
- 100% employer-paid medical and dental with generous employer family contributions
- Eligibility for retirement plan after 2 months at open enrollment
Equal Opportunity Employer
GuidePoint Security, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.