GuidePoint Security provides trusted cybersecurity expertise, solutions and services that help organizations make better decisions and minimize risk. By taking a three-tiered, holistic approach for evaluating security posture and ecosystems, GuidePoint enables some of the nation’s top organizations, such as Fortune 500 companies and U.S. government agencies, to identify threats, optimize resources and integrate best-fit solutions that mitigate risk.
• Minimum 10 years in an enterprise level security consultative role building and assessing Information Security architectures and programs
• Proficiency in multiple security technologies, including: network security, network security architecture, and enterprise security solutions
• Proficiency in operating systems including Windows, OSX, and Linux
• A good listener to work with clients to understand issues/gaps in their security programs and works alongside them to provide solutions
• Proactively research and engage emerging vendors and technologies to understand how they may be used to solve our clients challenges
• Excellent soft skills with the ability to articulate complex technical content to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Works closely with sales team to drive value and business in accounts
• Strong group presentation skills a must
• Willingness and drive to leverage the candidates professional network to generate opportunities
• Participate in industry organizations such as ISSA, ISACA, OWASP etc.
• Proactively works to mature the business, including improving existing offerings and creating new offerings
• Author comprehensive business and technical collateral to support the business that is proficiently tailored to both technical and managerial audiences
• Security Architects work from remote/virtual when not visiting client locations
• Position will require travel within the GuidePoint Mid-Atlantic region (NC,VA, MD, DC, PA, NJ)
• Deep expertise architecting and designing enterprise scale security solutions
• Deep proficiency in multiple security technologies, including: network security, NGFW, NAC, network segmentation, network security architecture, endpoint, etc.
• Strong understanding of large complex cloud environments in Azure, AWS, or GCP with a focus on secure design
• Strong networking and security troubleshooting
• Deep proficiency in various client and server operating systems (Windows, Nix, OSX, etc.)
• Working technical knowledge of advanced security concepts (Zero trust, defense in depth, SASE, etc)
• Experience with security technologies including Cisco security, Palo Alto, Check Point, and cloud network security
Educational & Professional Credentials:
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience
• 10+ years of security engineering experience in the Information Security industry OR as a technical lead for an internal Information Security program
• Previous Enterprise consulting experience is strongly preferred
• Expert level security certifications desired – CISSP, PCNSE, CCIE, GSEC, etc.
GuidePoint Security is a rapidly growing, profitable, privately-held value added reseller that focuses exclusively on Information Security. Since its inception in 2011, GuidePoint has grown to over 400 employees, established strategic partnerships with leading security vendors, and serves as a trusted advisor to more than 1,000 clients.
Firmly-defined core values drive all aspects of the business, which have been paramount to the company’s success and establishment of an enjoyable workplace atmosphere. At GuidePoint, your colleagues are knowledgeable, skilled, and experienced and will seek to collaborate and provide mentorship and guidance at every opportunity.
This is a unique and rare opportunity to grow your career along with one of the fastest growing companies in the nation.
Some added perks….
- MacBook Air or Pro
- Healthy mobile phone and home internet allowance
- 100% employer-paid medical and dental with generous employer family contributions
- Eligibility for retirement plan after 2 months at open enrollment
Equal Opportunity Employer
GuidePoint Security, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.