Senior Security Consultant (Remote)
GuidePoint Security provides trusted cybersecurity expertise, solutions and services that help organizations make better decisions and minimize risk. By taking a three-tiered, holistic approach for evaluating security posture and ecosystems, GuidePoint enables some of the nation’s top organizations, such as Fortune 500 companies and U.S. government agencies, to identify threats, optimize resources and integrate best-fit solutions that mitigate risk.
GuidePoint Security is hiring a Senior Security Consultant for the Heartland Region. This individual is someone who is passionate about implementing behind the scenes technical security solutions, interested in joining a fast-paced high growth environment, and wants to help build a cutting edge organization.
Senior Security Consultants at GuidePoint Security are experienced professionals who are autonomous, experienced, self-driven security fanatics. Our Senior Security Consultants are materially involved in the delivery of security technologies projects; while having the freedom and control over how technical engagements are delivered. The Senior Security Consultant is also responsible for staffing, timecards, expense reports, and contract writing.
- Experience in delivering projects related to security technology implementation, security architecture design, and overall security technology positioning
- Proficiency in security technologies, including firewalls, vulnerability management solutions, CASB, NAC, DLP, VPN’s, Application Delivery Controllers, Endpoint solutions, Privileged Access, Cloud Security, MSS and general network/security background
- Preferred experience with application security technologies including Qualys, F5 and iMPERVA
- Experience with network security technologies including Proofpoint, Palo Alto, Check Point, Splunk, Okta, and CyberArk
- Experience with cloud security technologies
- Proficiency in operating systems including Microsoft Windows, RHES, CentOS, Ubuntu Linux and MacOS.
- Proficiency in defending attacks utilizing security technologies, including web application firewalls, anti-DDoS technologies, advanced anti-malware solutions and network forensics and visibility solutions
- Knowledge of industry standards including ISO 27000 series, CSF, NIST 800-42 & 800-53 and other industry related security standards
Information Systems architecture and security control design and development experience
- Knowledge of Industry Regulations, e.g., Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), Payment Card Industry (PCI), Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience
7-10 years of security engineering experience in the Information Security industry OR as a technical lead for an internal Information Security program
- Approximately 25% out-of-town to assist with technical projects is typical for Senior Security Consultant
- Senior Security Consultants mostly work from home with travel for project related needs
GuidePoint Security is a rapidly growing, profitable, privately-held value added reseller that focuses exclusively on Information Security. Since its inception in 2011, GuidePoint has grown to over 300 employees, established strategic partnerships with leading security vendors, and serves as a trusted advisor to more than 1,000 clients.
Firmly-defined core values drive all aspects of the business, which have been paramount to the company’s success and establishment of an enjoyable workplace atmosphere. At GuidePoint, your colleagues are knowledgeable, skilled, and experienced and will seek to collaborate and provide mentorship and guidance at every opportunity. This is a unique and rare opportunity to grow your career along with one of the fastest growing companies in the nation.
Some added perks….
- MacBook Air or Pro
- Healthy mobile phone and home internet allowance
- 100% employer-paid medical and dental with generous employer family contributions
- Eligibility for retirement plan after 2 months at open enrollment
Equal Opportunity Employer
GuidePoint Security, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.