Federal - Network Security Engineer
GuidePoint Security provides trusted cybersecurity expertise, solutions and services that help organizations make better decisions and minimize risk. By taking a three-tiered, holistic approach for evaluating security posture and ecosystems, GuidePoint enables some of the nation’s top organizations, such as Fortune 500 companies and U.S. government agencies, to identify threats, optimize resources and integrate best-fit solutions that mitigate risk.
A Network Security Engineer is part of a team of skilled Cybersecurity professionals that support the design, build, and sustainment of network based cyber defense capabilities within the organization. Network Security Engineers interact daily with a wide variety of industry leading network security products including, but not limited to, firewalls, Intrusion prevention systems, full packet capture solutions, mail gateways, advanced malware defense systems, and TLS inspection solutions. Network Security Engineers provide support to fellow stakeholders when integrating new Cybersecurity requirements into the enterprise and maintain all production network security solutions that are servicing the organization. When required, Network Security Engineers support fellow stakeholders in resolving network connectivity issues. This position is performed on-site.
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Responsible for implementation/deployment/support of Email and/or Security appliances
- Responsible for developing and maintaining standard processes and operating procedures, creating technical architecture diagrams and system build documentation
- Organize and coordinate multiple projects
- Multi-tasker who is able to work effectively on a team, as well as independently, with minimal supervision
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Technical field (i.e. Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Science)
- 4+ years’ experience working in the IT industry, Information Security, and/or Cyber Security
- Solid understanding of networking technologies and protocols (IP, TCP, UDP, MTA, SMTP, iMAP, DNS)
- DoD 8140.01 and DoD 8570.01-M.IAT Level II Certification
- Experience deploying and configuring mail gateway capabilities
- Experience working with Microsoft Exchange
- Experience deploying and configuring layer 7 next generation firewall appliances
- Strong understanding of Transport Layer Security (TLS) and Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) a plusAn active security clearance is required for this position
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Strong understanding of Transport Layer Security (TLS) and Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) a plus
- Experiences with StealthWatch security appliance
- Scripting skills (BASH, Python, Powershell)
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange, ProofPoint, Cisco Ironport, and other email capabilities
- Master’s Degree in a Technical field
The ability to obtain a clearance may be required for this position.
GuidePoint Security is a rapidly growing, profitable, privately-held value added reseller that focuses exclusively on Information Security. Since its inception in 2011, GuidePoint has grown to over 400 employees, established strategic partnerships with leading security vendors, and serves as a trusted advisor to more than 1,000 clients.
Firmly-defined core values drive all aspects of the business, which have been paramount to the company’s success and establishment of an enjoyable workplace atmosphere. At GuidePoint, your colleagues are knowledgeable, skilled, and experienced and will seek to collaborate and provide mentorship and guidance at every opportunity.
This is a unique and rare opportunity to grow your career along with one of the fastest growing companies in the nation.
Some added perks….
- MacBook Air or Pro
- Healthy mobile phone and home internet allowance
- 100% employer-paid medical and dental with generous employer family contributions
- Eligibility for retirement plan after 2 months at open enrollment
Equal Opportunity Employer
GuidePoint Security, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.