Federal - Lead Cyber Security Architect
The Lead Cyber Security Architect who will serve as the principle technical advisor and subject matter expert for the Cyber Security Tools Architecture Support Function services. The Architect shall be an expert in the engineering design, development, direction, and implementation of enterprise network cyber defense capabilities to prevent sophisticated cyber threats and vulnerabilities. The Senior Architect shall understand the fundamentals of layered defense and zero trust technologies and processes. The Architect shall understand the lifecycle of the network threats, attack vectors and methods of exploitation to include methodologies around MITRE ATT&CK and D3fend and NIST Cybersecurity Framework. The Architect shall have specialized knowledge in networking and understand IT standards and Cyber Security Tools architectures including but not limited to the OSI model, and the methods of exploiting those standards. The Architect shall be familiar with the utilization, configuration, and implementation of industry standard cyber defense capabilities including but not limited to web content filters, email security capabilities, IDS, IPS, HBSS, SEIM, DNS security practices, advanced log analysis, network monitoring, network flow analysis, packet capture analysis, network proxies, firewalls, anti-virus capabilities, Linux/UNIX command line, Machine Learning, and access control lists
The successful candidate will have the ability to provide daily direction and manage a fast pace, high ops tempo environment. The candidate will have the ability to communicate customers’ requirements needed to secure, protect, and defend an enterprise network environment. This position is contingent upon successful contract award. It may or may not be performed at a client site in a classified setting. The successful candidate must be willing to go onsite when required.
What You Will Do:
Oversee multiple teams that provide daily operational support for various types of cybersecurity technologies and related devices to include installing, troubleshooting, modifying, and testing.
Lead organizational projects to drive the integration of new cybersecurity capabilities to include building test networks, system prototypes, performing equipment set-up, testing, and participating in test report writing.
Develop and facilitate attack programs to verify security assurance and identify cybersecurity weakness within the enterprise.
Gather and organize technical information about an organization's missions, goals, and requirements, existing security products, and ongoing programs.
Perform a variety of routine project tasks applied to specialized technology problems.
Lead the integration of processes or methodologies to resolve total system problems, or technology problems as they relate to IA organizational requirements.
Brief senior leadership on a recurring basis to include the status of current organizational projects and drive the long term cybersecurity vision for the organization.You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Master’s degree with 6+ years of experience or bachelor’s degree and 8 years of experience in a relevant field related to IT, Cybersecurity, Engineering, or Management.
- 3 years of experience supporting cybersecurity or Information Security programs (e.g. Cybersecurity Infrastructure, SOC Operations, or operational Information Assurance.
- DoD 8570 IAT level II certification and CSSP Infrastructure Support certification required.
- Ability to manage over 80 people while providing technical direction.
- Demonstrated exceptional leadership, communication, time management, facilitation, and organizational skills.
- Technical understanding of Network Security (Firewall, IPS, Web Gateway, Mail Gateway, Malware Detection, Traffic Agg, Break & Inspect Services, PCAP Services, Netflow Services) and knowledge of managing enterprise requirements.
- Technical understanding of Data Analytics (SIEM, Log Aggregation, EUBA) and knowledge of software development lifecycle to include managing weekly requirements request.
- Technical understanding of End Point Security (HBSS and EDR) and knowledge of managing enterprise requirements.
- Understanding of Risk Security Services (Threat Emulation, Network Mapping, Vulnerability Management, Threat Intelligence) and managing data inputs and metric reporting to Sr. Leadership.
- Familiar with NIST 800-53 and the DoD ATO process.
- Familiar with JFHQ-DoDIN Orders and Directives (Cyber Task Order, TASKORD, EXORD, WARNORD, OPORD, GENADMIN, FRAGORD, SIGACT) and managing reporting of data point to JFHQ DoDIN and IC-SCC
- Familiar with Performance Evaluation Services (SOC-CMM, Quality Assurance, and other KPI’s) to include creation of KPI’s based upon Cyber Maturity and deployment of Business Intelligence dashboards as required
- Familiar with Audit Support Services (CCRI, CCORI, FISAM, CSSP) to including managing audit requirements across the enterprise
An active clearance may be required for this position.
GuidePoint Security is a rapidly growing, profitable, privately-held value added reseller that focuses exclusively on Information Security. Since its inception in 2011, GuidePoint has grown to over 440 employees, established strategic partnerships with leading security vendors, and serves as a trusted advisor to more than 1,000 clients.
Firmly-defined core values drive all aspects of the business, which have been paramount to the company’s success and establishment of an enjoyable workplace atmosphere. At GuidePoint, your colleagues are knowledgeable, skilled, and experienced and will seek to collaborate and provide mentorship and guidance at every opportunity. This is a unique and rare opportunity to grow your career along with the one of the fastest growing companies in the nation.
Some added perks….
- MacBook Pro
- Healthy mobile phone and home internet allowance
- 100% employer-paid medical and dental with generous employer family contributions
- Eligibility for retirement plan after 2 months at open enrollment
Equal Opportunity Employer
GuidePoint Security, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility.