Azure Cloud Security Engineer- Remote (Anywhere in the U.S.)
GuidePoint Security provides trusted cybersecurity expertise, solutions and services that help organizations make better decisions and minimize risk. By taking a three-tiered, holistic approach for evaluating security posture and ecosystems, GuidePoint enables some of the nation’s top organizations, such as Fortune 500 companies and U.S. government agencies, to identify threats, optimize resources and integrate best-fit solutions that mitigate risk.
GuidePoint is looking for a well-rounded Azure Cloud Security Engineer to join our Cloud Security Practice. Cloud Security Engineer's work with GuidePoint’s clients to assess the security posture of their Azure environments, develop roadmaps for Azure service adoption, and implement solutions to help customers meet their growing cloud needs. GuidePoint’s Azure Cloud Security Engineers have well-rounded experience in Azure IaaS and PaaS services and Microsoft Cloud services such as Office 365, Teams, SharePoint ,Microsoft Information Protection, Azure Data Lake, MCAS, Azure DevOps, AKS, and more.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Conduct security assessments of Azure, Office 365, and Microsoft Cloud services by leveraging cloud security standards established by CSA, CIS, NIST, and GuidePoint’s own cloud controls framework.
- Draft cloud security deliverables based on assessment findings.
- Work with subject-matter experts from other GuidePoint Information Assurance practices to understand internal process and functional requirements (e.g., GRC, AppSec, DFIR, Penetration Testing).
- Accurately and consistently document findings and recommendations that is easily digested by clients including procedural documentation and technical briefings.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to meet or exceed project objective and user expectations.
- Possess strong client-facing and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Experience reading, writing, and interpreting technical documentation and procedure manuals.
- Experience in creating and deploying cloud resources while leveraging cloud security best practices.
- Solid understanding of cloud computing concepts, architectures, virtualization, containers, infrastructure security, data security, encryption, management plane, business continuity, identity entitlement and access management.
- An understanding of fundamental programming logic.
- Proficient with JSON.
- Ability to communicate with customers and provide consultation on cloud security subject matter.
- Time management skills with ability to multitask.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of Microsoft Cloud services including security, data, application, infrastructure, networking, and workplace collaboration services
- Preferred experience with Azure Resource Manager or Terraform
- Candidate must have one Azure certification such as Microsoft Azure Fundamentals
- Candidate with one of the following security certifications or certificates will be preferred: CISSP, CCSK, or Security+
GuidePoint Security is a rapidly growing, profitable, privately-held value added reseller that focuses exclusively on Information Security. Since its inception in 2011, GuidePoint has grown to over 450 employees, established strategic partnerships with leading security vendors, and serves as a trusted advisor to more than 1,000 clients.
Firmly-defined core values drive all aspects of the business, which have been paramount to the company’s success and establishment of an enjoyable workplace atmosphere. At GuidePoint, your colleagues are knowledgeable, skilled, and experienced and will seek to collaborate and provide mentorship and guidance at every opportunity. This is a unique and rare opportunity to grow your career along with the one of the fastest growing companies in the nation.
Some added perks….
- MacBook Air or Pro
- Healthy mobile phone and home internet allowance
- 100% employer-paid medical and dental with generous employer family contributions
- Eligibility for retirement plan after 2 months at open enrollment
Equal Opportunity Employer
GuidePoint Security, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.