Senior Application Security Consultant (Architecture, Threat Modeling, DevSecOps)- Remote
GuidePoint Security provides trusted cybersecurity expertise, solutions and services that help organizations make better decisions and minimize risk. By taking a three-tiered, holistic approach for evaluating security posture and ecosystems, GuidePoint enables some of the nation’s top organizations, such as Fortune 500 companies and U.S. government agencies, to identify threats, optimize resources and integrate best-fit solutions that mitigate risk.
GuidePoint Security offers an inclusive set of Application Security services, including tactical assessments and strategic advisory. As a Senior Application Security Consultant within Strategic Services, your primary responsibilities would be delivering those strategic offerings such as Threat Modeling, Application Architecture Reviews, Application Security Program Assessments, Secure Development Training, and DevSecOps.
The Senior Application Security Consultant joins GuidePoint’s elite team of Application Security experts to deliver the aforementioned services, which involves performing engagements, communicating with clients, delivering comprehensive reports, and providing remediation guidance. You will spend your time focusing on challenging projects and solving complex problems. Our clients will rely on your experience, adaptability, and creativity to identify application security issues that others often miss.
GuidePoint Security’s Application Security team's offerings consistently evolve with the security industry and risks that modern environments face.
Role and Responsibilities
- Willingness to travel up to 25%
- Application Security services, including but not limited to Application Security Program Assessments, Application Architecture Reviews, Threat Modeling, designing industry-leading Application Security programs, Secure SDLC Implementation, and Secure Development Training
- Author comprehensive assessment deliverables that are proficiently tailored to both technical and managerial audiences and fully detail the technical execution, core deficiencies, business impact, and realistic remediation strategies
- Awareness and understanding of the rapidly changing application security landscape, including open-source and commercial tools, assessment methodologies and approaches, and strategy frameworks, such as OWASP SAMM and BSIMM
- Deep understanding of a broad range of application security issues, mitigation strategies, and common application security controls
- Assist with Practice development, including improving existing offerings, creating new offerings, and mentoring team members
- Contribute to marketing initiatives via activities such as publishing research, speaking at industry conferences, authoring blog articles and white-papers, hosting webinars, and developing security tools
- Perpetually strengthen relevant skills, knowledge, and abilities to stay at the forefront of the information security industry
- Foster client relationships by providing support, information, and guidance
- Maintain a strong desire to learn, adapt, and improve along with a rapidly-growing company
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Direct hands-on experience in performing application security service offerings, including but not limited to application threat modeling, application architecture reviews, and application security program assessments
- Experience and working knowledge of application security controls, application architectures, database architectures, application security requirements, and industry standards and frameworks
- Operational DevSecOps experience
- Experience with testing tools such as Burp Suite, Postman, Netsparker, sqlmap, DirBuster, OpenSSL, etc., is preferred
- Strong communication skills that include the ability to clearly articulate thoughts and distill complex problems into digestible pieces of information during live conversations, formal deliverables, white papers, and case studies
- InfoSec community involvement, such as conference speaking, blog/whitepaper authoring, and podcast speaking/producing experience, is strongly preferred
- Standard industry certifications are preferred
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in Application Security or related roles
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a consulting services role or related internal information security positions
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience
GuidePoint Security is a rapidly growing, profitable, privately-held value added reseller that focuses exclusively on Information Security. Since its inception in 2011, GuidePoint has grown to over 400 employees, established strategic partnerships with leading security vendors, and serves as a trusted advisor to more than 1,000 clients.
Firmly-defined core values drive all aspects of the business, which have been paramount to the company’s success and establishment of an enjoyable workplace atmosphere. At GuidePoint, your colleagues are knowledgeable, skilled, and experienced and will seek to collaborate and provide mentorship and guidance at every opportunity.
This is a unique and rare opportunity to grow your career along with one of the fastest growing companies in the nation.
Some added perks….
- MacBook Air or Pro
- Healthy mobile phone and home internet allowance
- 100% employer-paid medical and dental with generous employer family contributions
- Eligibility for retirement plan after 2 months at open enrollment
Equal Opportunity Employer
GuidePoint Security, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.