Cloud Security Engineer (Remote-Anywhere in U.S.)
GuidePoint Security provides trusted cybersecurity expertise, solutions and services that help organizations make better decisions and minimize risk. By taking a three-tiered, holistic approach for evaluating security posture and ecosystems, GuidePoint enables some of the nation’s top organizations, such as Fortune 500 companies and U.S. government agencies, to identify threats, optimize resources and integrate best-fit solutions that mitigate risk.
GuidePoint Security’s Cloud Security Team is looking to add a Cloud Security Engineer with experience in solving enterprise multi-cloud security challenges. Cloud Security Engineers on our team help solve architectural and engineering problems for our largest clients. We’re looking for a Cloud Security Engineer that is looking for an opportunity to maintain hands-on experience across AWS, Azure, and GCP.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assess existing AWS, Azure, or GCP environments and identify security improvements
- Develop secure Infrastructure as Code templates
- Provide architectural guidance for clients migrating to AWS (primarily), Azure, or GCP
- Hands-on experience capable of creating proof-of-concepts in AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Develop automated security controls that are preventative, detective, and corrective in nature
- Ensure knowledge and experience with AWS, Azure, or GCP services remains current
- Develop secure deployment patterns for cloud workloads
- When not working on client projects, assist cloud security practice in improving service offering
- AWS, Azure, or GCP knowledge must include networking, encryption, identity and access management, and automation
- Development knowledge or experience with Terraform
- Experience developing Functions-as-a-Service in Python or Go (examples include Lambda, Azure Functions, Google Functions)
- Experience working with and implementing DevSecOps methodologies
- Understanding of containers and container orchestration technologies preferred
- Experience working through audits and assessments in the cloud
- Experience working with enterprise-level systems in order to design cloud equivalent enterprise-grade solutions
- Security related certifications highly preferred
GuidePoint Security is a rapidly growing, profitable, privately-held value added reseller that focuses exclusively on Information Security. Since its inception in 2011, GuidePoint has grown to over 450 employees, established strategic partnerships with leading security vendors, and serves as a trusted advisor to more than 1,000 clients.
Firmly-defined core values drive all aspects of the business, which have been paramount to the company’s success and establishment of an enjoyable workplace atmosphere. At GuidePoint, your colleagues are knowledgeable, skilled, and experienced and will seek to collaborate and provide mentorship and guidance at every opportunity. This is a unique and rare opportunity to grow your career along with the one of the fastest growing companies in the nation.
Some added perks….
- MacBook Air or Pro
- Healthy mobile phone and home internet allowance
- 100% employer-paid medical and dental with generous employer family contributions
- Eligibility for retirement plan after 2 months at open enrollment
Equal Opportunity Employer
GuidePoint Security, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.