Federal - Security Engineer
GuidePoint Security provides trusted cybersecurity expertise, solutions and services that help organizations make better decisions and minimize risk. By taking a three-tiered, holistic approach for evaluating security posture and ecosystems, GuidePoint enables some of the nation’s top organizations, such as Fortune 500 companies and U.S. government agencies, to identify threats, optimize resources and integrate best-fit solutions that mitigate risk.
A Security Engineer is part of a team of skilled Cybersecurity professionals that support the design, build, and sustainment of an Agency’s Risk Profile within the organization. Engineers interact daily and provide support to the overall CISO organization through a wide variety of industry leading capabilities and data sets to include Vulnerability Management data, Network Configurations, Firewall Configurations, and other enterprise data sets.
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Coordinate the Engineering, Integration, and Administration Functions required to successfully deliver capabilities and services to the enterprise.
- Ensure that all aspects of the projects are completed and delivered according to the implementation plan and schedule.
- Support exploration and emerging technologies by arranging demonstrations, providing technical evaluations, and input to the customer’s roadmap development.
- Provide subject matter expertise in creation, editing and management of signatures, rules, filters, and customer content for specialized cybersecurity systems including, but not limited to network and host-based IDS, IPS, firewall, web application firewall, proxy and SIEM systems.
- Provides Tier 3 maintenance support for deployed security technologies.
- Drafting, reviewing, and updating project documentation and conducting/supporting project testing.
- B.S. or relevant experience in a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in related security technology or discipline such as IAM, cybersecurity operations, engineering, IT security audit, or information assurance.
- 2 + years of experience in vulnerability management, network security, cloud environments, and network topologies.
- Must have the capability to obtain privileged user access.
- Must have experience with Linux command line system administration.
- Must have experience delivering operations-related solutions (i.e., automated patch deployment, performance improvement, system optimization).
- Must be familiar with Operating System and Application Patch Management.
- Must have experience performing engineering, integration, and administration support required for successful delivery of capabilities and services to an operational baseline.
- Possess a current equivalent DoD 8750 IAT 2 certification and needed secondary CCSP Certification.
- The ability to travel regionally up to 15%.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Experience with Python scripting is highly desired.
- Prior experience with the Assured Compliance Assessment Solution is highly desired.
- Experience with security and operational related use cases is desired.
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
GuidePoint Security is a rapidly growing, profitable, privately-held value added reseller that focuses exclusively on Information Security. Since its inception in 2011, GuidePoint has grown to over 360 employees, established strategic partnerships with leading security vendors, and serves as a trusted advisor to more than 1,000 clients.
Firmly-defined core values drive all aspects of the business, which have been paramount to the company’s success and establishment of an enjoyable workplace atmosphere. At GuidePoint, your colleagues are knowledgeable, skilled, and experienced and will seek to collaborate and provide mentorship and guidance at every opportunity.
This is a unique and rare opportunity to grow your career along with one of the fastest growing companies in the nation.
Some added perks….
- MacBook Air or Pro
- Healthy mobile phone and home internet allowance
- 100% employer-paid medical and dental with generous employer family contributions
- Eligibility for retirement plan after 2 months at open enrollment
Equal Opportunity Employer
GuidePoint Security, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.