Network Security Engineer (Remote)
GuidePoint Security provides trusted cybersecurity expertise, solutions and services that help organizations make better decisions and minimize risk. By taking a three-tiered, holistic approach for evaluating security posture and ecosystems, GuidePoint enables some of the nation’s top organizations, such as Fortune 500 companies and U.S. government agencies, to identify threats, optimize resources and integrate best-fit solutions that mitigate risk.
Security Engineers at GuidePoint Security are experienced professionals who are autonomous, experienced, self-driven security fanatics. Our Security Engineers are materially involved in the complete security technologies opportunity lifecycle, from pre-sales through delivery and have the freedom and control over how engagements are scoped and delivered. Our unique position as both a Value-Added Reseller (VAR) AND a professional services organization also requires our Security Engineers to continually expand their knowledge and experience with the latest cutting-edge information security technologies. This helps satisfy our Security Engineers desire to constantly expand their knowledge and better meet the needs of our clients.
- Strong working experience both deploying and managing large and complex Palo Alto, Check Point, Fortinet, or Cisco ASA environments.
- Experience architecting and building secure networks across a variety of environments; cloud, on-premise, hybrid, containerized, and serverless.
- Experience working with deploying and integrating with SASE technologies such as Palo Alto, ZScaler, iBoss, Broadcom etc.
- Working experience with traditional network infrastructure (switching/routing) across a variety of vendors.
- Working knowledge of AWS, Azure, & GCP and relevant certifications.
- Broad experience with foundational security concepts.
- Ability to articulate complex technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience authoring security runbooks, policy, and best practice documentation
- Ability to autonomously prioritize and successfully deliver across a portfolio of projects
- Up to 50% out-of-town travel may be required to client locations in New England and New York Metro post COVID.
- Security Engineers work from home when not visiting client locations.
- Experience in a consultative or professional services role previously.
- Hands on experience migrating from one firewall vendor to another with tools such as Palo Alto Expedition, Check Point SmartMove, etc.
- Experience deploying and operationalizing firewall governance tools such as Tufin, FireMon, Algosec, and SkyBox.
Educational & Professional Credentials:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience
- 3 to 5 years of security engineering experience in the Information Security industry
GuidePoint Security is a rapidly growing, profitable, privately-held value added reseller that focuses exclusively on Information Security. Since its inception in 2011, GuidePoint has grown to over 400 employees, established strategic partnerships with leading security vendors, and serves as a trusted advisor to more than 1,000 clients.
Firmly-defined core values drive all aspects of the business, which have been paramount to the company’s success and establishment of an enjoyable workplace atmosphere. At GuidePoint, your colleagues are knowledgeable, skilled, and experienced and will seek to collaborate and provide mentorship and guidance at every opportunity.
This is a unique and rare opportunity to grow your career along with one of the fastest growing companies in the nation.
Some added perks….
- MacBook Air or Pro
- Healthy mobile phone and home internet allowance
- 100% employer-paid medical and dental with generous employer family contributions
- Eligibility for retirement plan after 2 months at open enrollment
Equal Opportunity Employer
GuidePoint Security, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.