Senior Security Engineer
GuidePoint Security provides trusted cybersecurity expertise, solutions and services that help organizations make better decisions and minimize risk. By taking a three-tiered, holistic approach for evaluating security posture and ecosystems, GuidePoint enables some of the nation’s top organizations, such as Fortune 500 companies and U.S. government agencies, to identify threats, optimize resources and integrate best-fit solutions that mitigate risk.Security Engineers at GuidePoint work within the highly competitive and fast-paced cyber-security space to support Account Executives and their customers/prospects. This role will allow the candidate to work with industry-leading as well as next generation information security solutions.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ability to work well in a team environment and help Account Executives position various cyber-security technologies with client and prospect environments.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment providing technical recommendations to customers/prospects on the fly.
- Previous sales experience is strongly preferred.
- Expectations for this role are 50% pre-sales and 50% delivery (billable work).
- Information Systems architecture and security control design and development experience.
- BS/BA degree in a relevant discipline or at least 3-5 years of equivalent experience in the information security industry.
- Having strong network security experience in working with vendor solutions such as the following: F5, Gigamon, SPLUNK, Palo Alto Networks, and Cisco.
- Ability to travel throughout the Mid-Atlantic region (southern NJ, PA, DE, MD, DC, VA, WVA, and NC) to support Account Executives and their clients/prospects.
- Ability to present and make recommendations on complex security solutions to clients/prospects on the fly.
- Proficiency in monitoring and defending attacks utilizing security technologies and advanced anti-malware solutions and network forensics and visibility solutions.
GuidePoint Security is a rapidly growing, profitable, privately-held value added reseller that focuses exclusively on Information Security. Since its inception in 2011, GuidePoint has grown to over 400 employees, established strategic partnerships with leading security vendors, and serves as a trusted advisor to more than 1,000 clients.
Firmly-defined core values drive all aspects of the business, which have been paramount to the company’s success and establishment of an enjoyable workplace atmosphere. At GuidePoint, your colleagues are knowledgeable, skilled, and experienced and will seek to collaborate and provide mentorship and guidance at every opportunity.
This is a unique and rare opportunity to grow your career along with one of the fastest growing companies in the nation.
Some added perks….
- MacBook Air or Pro
- Healthy mobile phone and home internet allowance
- 100% employer-paid medical and dental with generous employer family contributions
- Eligibility for retirement plan after 2 months at open enrollment
Equal Opportunity Employer
GuidePoint Security, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.