Application Security Engineer (Remote)
GuidePoint Security provides trusted cybersecurity expertise, solutions and services that help organizations make better decisions and minimize risk. By taking a three-tiered, holistic approach for evaluating security posture and ecosystems, GuidePoint enables some of the nation’s top organizations, such as Fortune 500 companies and U.S. government agencies, to identify threats, optimize resources and integrate best-fit solutions that mitigate risk.
GuidePoint Security is seeking an experienced and driven security professional to join our Application Security practice in the Northeast. As an Application Security Engineer, you will partner with our customers to drive better application security results through implementing and improving application security tooling, as well as advise customers on best practices in secure code design/selection. You will also constantly learn about and utilize the newest application security tools, such as SAST, DAST, IAST, SCA, and RASP.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Implement, operationalize, and/or improve the configuration of client application security tools
• Perform manual application/API assessments of customer applications
• Assist customers with questions relating to practical use of application security tools
• Advise customers on application security best practices
• Experiential understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
• Experience with automation tools such as Jenkins
• Practical understanding of cloud infrastructure environments such as AWS/Azure/GCP including “serverless” workflows
• In-depth knowledge of Application Security tools
• Fundamental knowledge of software composition analysis and code/library dependencies
• Experience with testing tools such as: Burp Suite, Netsparker, Veracode, Checkmarx, Contrast Security, Snyk, Sonatype, Salt Security, Sqreen, Micro Focus, JFrog, Synopsys, etc.
• Deep understanding of a broad range of Application Security issues as well as their mitigation strategies
• Understanding of Application Security related vulnerabilities including cryptographic implementations
• Written communication skills for written interactions with clients
• Strong communication skills that include the ability to clearly articulate thoughts and distill complex problems into stakeholder-friendly language
• Ability to manage time independently while handling multiple projects concurrently
• Standard industry certifications are preferred
• Significant knowledge of SAST, DAST, SCA, IAST, and/or RASP tooling preferred
GuidePoint Security is a rapidly growing, profitable, privately-held value added reseller that focuses exclusively on Information Security. Since its inception in 2011, GuidePoint has grown to over 500 employees, established strategic partnerships with leading security vendors, and serves as a trusted advisor to more than 2,000 clients.
Firmly-defined core values drive all aspects of the business, which have been paramount to the company’s success and establishment of an enjoyable workplace atmosphere. At GuidePoint, your colleagues are knowledgeable, skilled, and experienced and will seek to collaborate and provide mentorship and guidance at every opportunity.
This is a unique and rare opportunity to grow your career along with one of the fastest growing companies in the nation.
Some added perks….
- MacBook Pro
- Healthy mobile phone and home internet allowance
- 100% employer-paid medical and dental with generous employer family contributions
- Eligibility for retirement plan after 2 months at open enrollment
Equal Opportunity Employer
GuidePoint Security, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.