Blockchain Security Specialist
GuidePoint is seeking to formalize a practice around Blockchain services, including both Decentralized Finance (DeFi) and Centralized Finance (CeFI). As a Blockchain Security Specialist, you will be responsible for assisting with the development of this exciting new practice and developing and leading Blockchain-related services, such as performing security reviews of smart contracts. In this role, you will have the opportunity to help define the services that GuidePoint will deliver while establishing yourself as a technical leader.
The Blockchain Security Specialist joins GuidePoint’s elite team of Application Security experts to develop and deliver industry leading Blockchain related services. You will spend your time focusing on challenging projects and solving complex problems in a rapidly growing and exciting new industry. Our clients will rely on your experience, adaptability, and creativity to identify security issues that others often miss.
Initially, this role can be expected to perform secure code reviews in a variety of programming languages and performing smart contract reviews in common programming languages used to create smart contracts (Solidity, C++, etc.). An ideal candidate will have existing Blockchain knowledge, experience in performing smart contract reviews, and published CVEs.
Role and Responsibilities
- Willingness to travel up to 10%
- Ability to think outside of the box to solve complex cybersecurity challenges
- Comfortable working in a territory that is largely unexplored and the ability to rapidly adapt to changing market needs
- Author comprehensive assessment deliverables that are proficiently tailored to both technical and managerial audiences and fully detail the technical execution, core deficiencies, business impact, and realistic remediation strategies
- Collaborate with cross functional partners on all aspects of product development
- Assist with Practice development, including improving existing offerings, creating new offerings, and mentoring team members
- Contribute to marketing initiatives via activities such as publishing research, speaking at industry conferences, authoring blog articles and white-papers, hosting webinars, and developing security tools
- Perpetually strengthen relevant skills, knowledge, and abilities to stay at the forefront of the industry
- Maintain a strong desire to learn, adapt, and improve along with a rapidly-growing company
- Perform other duties as assigned
Experience and Education
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in related roles. This can include a combination cybersecurity, product development, software engineering, consulting, and hands-on experience with Blockchain development or testing
- Experience and working knowledge Blockchain technologies and cryptographic protocols
- Deep understanding of a broad range of Blockchain security issues as well as their mitigation strategies
- Operational DevSecOps experience
- Passion for Blockchain and the benefits of DeFI
- An ideal candidate will have experience in Decentralized Finance, Blockchain, and writing or reviewing smart contracts
- Strong communication skills that include the ability to clearly articulate thoughts and distill complex problems into digestible pieces of information during live conversations, formal deliverables, white papers, and case studies
- InfoSec community involvement, such as conference speaking, blog/whitepaper authoring, and podcast speaking/producing experience, is strongly preferred
- Standard industry certifications are preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience
GuidePoint Security is a rapidly growing, profitable, privately-held value added reseller that focuses exclusively on Information Security. Since its inception in 2011, GuidePoint has grown to over 450 employees, established strategic partnerships with leading security vendors, and serves as a trusted advisor to more than 1,000 clients.
Firmly-defined core values drive all aspects of the business, which have been paramount to the company’s success and establishment of an enjoyable workplace atmosphere. At GuidePoint, your colleagues are knowledgeable, skilled, and experienced and will seek to collaborate and provide mentorship and guidance at every opportunity. This is a unique and rare opportunity to grow your career along with the one of the fastest growing companies in the nation.
Some added perks….
- MacBook Air or Pro
- Healthy mobile phone and home internet allowance
- 100% employer-paid medical and dental with generous employer family contributions
- Eligibility for retirement plan after 2 months at open enrollment
Equal Opportunity Employer
GuidePoint Security, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.