Federal - Contracts and Capture Lead
GuidePoint Security provides trusted cybersecurity expertise, solutions and services that help organizations make better decisions and minimize risk. By taking a three-tiered, holistic approach for evaluating security posture and ecosystems, GuidePoint enables some of the nation’s top organizations, such as Fortune 500 companies and U.S. government agencies, to identify threats, optimize resources and integrate best-fit solutions that mitigate risk. This position is primarily remote, but will require the ability to attend meetings in the DMV and on-site at our Corporate Headquarters in Hendon, VA, from time to time.
What You Will Do
- Reviews and provides risk management consultation on all contracts submitted, including vendor, customer, subcontractors, etc.
- Serves as the point of contact for internal and external customers on contractual matters by acting as contractual mediator between company employees, primes, vendors, customers, subcontractors, etc.
- Ensures timely review and approval and/or negotiation.
- Advises management of contractual rights and obligations and provides interpretation of all other terms and conditions.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of a contract database and recommends improvements to contract templates and internal documentation.
- Works closely with external resources, such as business insurance broker to ensure contracts do not violate insurance policy requirements.
- Develop solutions to a variety of complex problems and provide counsel to internal stakeholders regarding proposed contract terms and conditions ensuring consistency with established company practices.
- Assist in the documentation of internal policies and procedures to mitigate internal risk.
- Work with Professional Services organization to develop and maintain a mechanism for specific client contractual obligations.
- In-depth working knowledge of FAR/DFARS.
- Prepare contractual portions of proposals to the U.S. Government, DoD Contractors and contractors.
- Join capture meetings, structure outcomes and instigate follow up.
- Coordinate and participate in meetings with primes, clients, and teammates to develop win strategy for specific opportunities.
- Manage the GSA schedule.
- Other responsibilities, include the administration of government specific contracts, including Federal, State, and Local contracts.
Qualifications You Will Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree or demonstrated additional equivalent work experience.
- 5 to 10 years' experience working in Federal Government contracts and negotiating legal terms.
- 1-2 years of experience in Government Cost Type Contracting is preferred
- 1-2 years RFP capture team experience is preferred.
- Contracts database experience and Salesforce.com experience is a plus.
These Qualifications Would Be Nice to Have:
- Active Federal Security Clearance
- Membership in National Contract Management Association (NCMA) and CPCM certification
- Contracts database experience and Salesforce.com experience
GuidePoint Security is a rapidly growing, profitable, privately-held value added reseller that focuses exclusively on Information Security. Since its inception in 2011, GuidePoint has grown to over 440 employees, established strategic partnerships with leading security vendors, and serves as a trusted advisor to more than 1,000 clients.
Firmly-defined core values drive all aspects of the business, which have been paramount to the company’s success and establishment of an enjoyable workplace atmosphere. At GuidePoint, your colleagues are knowledgeable, skilled, and experienced and will seek to collaborate and provide mentorship and guidance at every opportunity.
This is a unique and rare opportunity to grow your career along with the one of the fastest growing companies in the nation.
Some added perks….
- MacBook Pro
- Healthy mobile phone and home internet allowance
- 100% employer-paid medical and dental with generous employer family contributions
- Eligibility for retirement plan after 6 months at open enrollment
Equal Opportunity Employer
GuidePoint Security, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.