Federal - Audit (SIEM) Engineer
GuidePoint Security has an immediate opening for a Systems Engineer with SIEM expertise to join our team supporting the Government Customer’s Computer Network Defense (CND) Program. The dedicated professionals supporting this effort develop a variety of security solutions for U.S. Intelligence Community Customers. We provide mission-focused end-to-end systems engineering and analytic expertise to enhance operationally deployed systems, guide the acquisition of complex systems under development, and architect systems and technologies of the future. We provide solutions that respond efficiently and effectively to customer requirements by providing our systems engineering disciplines. This approach yields outstanding program execution, which translates directly into mission success.
This position is contingent upon successful contract award. It may or may not be performed at a client site. The successful candidate must be willing to go onsite when required. An active security clearance is required.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the Engineering, Integration, and Administration Functions required to successfully deliver capabilities and services to the enterprise.
- Ensure that all aspects of the projects are completed and delivered according to the implementation plan and schedule.
- Support exploration and emerging technologies by arranging demonstrations, providing technical evaluations, and input to the
- customer’s roadmap development
- Respond to corporate requests as required
- Must possess an active TS/SCI clearance with an active polygraph
- Must possess an active DoD 8570-compliant cyber certification at IAT Level II or better (customer requirement--no exceptions; please note Security + CE is the only Security + cert that is DoD 8570-compliant--the previous Security + "for life" cert is not DoD 8570-compliant
- Bachelors degree with 12 years experience is strongly preferred; experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- Must have an understanding of cyber-based threat techniques and procedures to compare industry related events, exposures, and incidents with open source and gathered intelligence research to determine threat capability and intent, and the potential impact of the threat on customer network architecture and operations.
- Experience performing engineering, integration, and administration support required for successful delivery of capabilities and services to an operational baseline.
- Knowledge of Change Request and Request For Change Processes
- Willing to travel occasionally and may be required to provide support at contractor sites.
- Experience configuring, installing, and hardening network security appliances, such as malware, IDS/IPS solutions
- Competent with command line operating systems including UNIX and Linux
- Familiar with ICD 500-27 and ICD 503
- Familiar with Operating System and Application Patch Management
- Familiar with Test Plans and Procedures, accreditation of systems, and lifecycle management.
- Familiar with enterprise networking and security
- Installation and configuration of Windows and Linux Servers
- Familiar with Configuration and Administration with Enterprise SIEM and experience in the Integration of multiple SIEM tools into a Single Architecture
- Working Knowledge of Operating System Auditing (both Syslog and Window Event Log) preferred
- Familiar with Amazon Machine Images (AMIs) and the AWS Console
- Familiar with Amazon Machine Instruction Generation and Testing
- Ability to provide periodic Status Updates and Technical Presentations
GuidePoint Security is a rapidly growing, profitable, privately-held value added reseller that focuses exclusively on Information Security. Since its inception in 2011, GuidePoint has grown to over 400 employees, established strategic partnerships with leading security vendors, and serves as a trusted advisor to more than 1,000 clients.
Firmly-defined core values drive all aspects of the business, which have been paramount to the company’s success and establishment of an enjoyable workplace atmosphere. At GuidePoint, your colleagues are knowledgeable, skilled, and experienced and will seek to collaborate and provide mentorship and guidance at every opportunity. This is a unique and rare opportunity to grow your career along with the one of the fastest growing companies in the nation.
Some added perks….
- MacBook Air or Pro
- Healthy mobile phone and home internet allowance
- 100% employer-paid medical and dental with generous employer family contributions
- Eligibility for retirement plan after 2 months at open enrollment
Equal Opportunity Employer
GuidePoint Security, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.