Greenberg Traurig (GT), a global law firm, has an exciting full-time employment opportunity for a Compliance Specialist in the Government & Law Policy Department of our Albany office. We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package.
The Compliance Specialist will assist our preeminent Government Law & Policy (GLP) practice with New York political compliance filings. The Political Compliance Filing Specialist will be relied upon for thorough, accurate, and timely completion of New York State lobby disclosure reports. The candidate will work directly with a team of legal and government affairs professionals dedicated to providing first-class service to clients. The candidate should also be flexible to work overtime as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in drafting, proofing, and processing firm and client lobbyist registrations, terminations, and amendments
- Coordinate with attorneys and lobbyists in the Albany and New York City offices to ensure strict adherence with state and local lobbying reporting obligations
- Aid clients in navigating the enrollment and disclosure processes
- Work with attorneys to conduct lobbying compliance audits
Skills & Competencies:
- Provide outstanding client service, meet high quality standards for services, and meet or exceed client expectations; proactive in seeking innovative ways in which to help others Highly motivated, self-starter who can work well under minimal supervision, as well as take a proactive approach in being team-oriented
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written), and professional demeanor and presentation, including active listening and ability to convey information clearly
- High attention to detail, outstanding organizational skills, the ability to multi-task, and manage time effectively
- Ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines and effectively prioritize multiple tasks
Qualifications & Prior Experience:
- This is a non-attorney position; Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience is preferred
- Government or government affairs experience preferred
- Knowledge of New York lobbying or campaign finance disclosure processes a plus
- Proficiency in Windows-based software and Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook with the ability to learn new software applications quickly
The expected annualized base salary range for this position is $60,000 - $90,000. Salary will be determined based upon education, experience, job related factors permitted by law, internal equity, and market data, including geographic pay differentials in locations where market pay differs from the national average. Full time employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus, health insurance with an optional HSA, short term disability, long term disability, dental insurance, vision care, life insurance, Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, 401K, vacation, sick time, and an employee assistance program. Additional voluntary programs include: voluntary accident insurance, voluntary life, voluntary disability, voluntary long term care, voluntary critical illness and cancer insurance and pet insurance. Commuter and Transit programs may also be available in certain markets.Greenberg Traurig is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Greenberg Traurig are considered without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or genetic information, among other protected bases.
In support of our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workplace, GT participates in the Mansfield Rule Certification Program. The program, which is administered by The Diversity Lab, seeks to increase diversity representation in the legal profession and within law firm leadership roles. In 2019, GT achieved Mansfield 3.0 Certification, and in 2020, we achieved an even higher standard: Mansfield 4.0 Certification Plus. GT is currently participating in the Mansfield Rule 5.0 Certification Program. Providing your data during the application process helps us with achieving that goal and with meeting reporting/record-keeping obligations under federal and state law and other legal requirements.