Greenberg Traurig, a global law firm, has an excellent opportunity for a Tax Accountant in our Doral office. We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package.
The Tax Accountant is responsible for assisting with all US domestic and international tax matters, including: data-gathering and structuring, research and analysis of applicable tax laws, and documenting conclusions. The work includes collaboration with accounting, business staff and external tax service providers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Domestic corporate/partnership income, gross receipts and state/local (e.g. gross receipts, property) tax return preparation and review
- Tax planning and forecasting projects
- Strong organization skills, be a strategic thinker and have the ability to coordinate activities and projects; attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; a strong team player-coach who enjoys working in a collaborative environment with the ability to work well under pressure
- Confidence, energy and personality to work in a dynamic environment across all levels of management, functions and geographies
- Problem solver with ability to successfully adapt to changing priorities and work demands
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from various departments
- Work independently and efficiently
- Prior experience working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to multi-task and remain calm under pressure
- Flexible with change and able to shift gears quickly
Qualifications & Prior Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or related degree required
- Minimum 2+ years of public accounting tax experience or a mix of public accounting and multistate corporate tax department experience preferred
- Knowledge of a multi-state tax laws, including apportionment methodologies
- Proficiency with Windows-based software and Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook is required
Greenberg Traurig is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Greenberg Traurig are considered without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or genetic information, among other protected bases.
In support of our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workplace, GT participates in the Mansfield Rule Certification Program. The program, which is administered by The Diversity Lab, seeks to increase diversity representation in the legal profession and within law firm leadership roles. In 2019, GT achieved Mansfield 3.0 Certification, and in 2020, we achieved an even higher standard: Mansfield 4.0 Certification Plus. GT is currently participating in the Mansfield Rule 5.0 Certification Program. Providing your data during the application process helps us with achieving that goal and with meeting reporting/record-keeping obligations under federal and state law and other legal requirements.