Greenberg Traurig, a global law firm, currently has an excellent full-time employment opportunity for a Paralegal in the Products Liability team in our Atlanta office. We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package.
The Products Liability Paralegal position will provide organizational and practice specific assistance to Senior Paralegals and Attorneys in the practice group in preparing cases throughout the life of the case, including related research and analysis. Demonstrates professionalism, attention to detail, and ability to handle multiple priorities and work in an organized and efficient manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Senior Paralegals and Attorneys in all stages of litigation, throughout the life of the case.
- Oversee organization, maintenance, and appropriate utilization of documents and other case related materials.
- Assist Attorneys with the discovery process, including constructing and overseeing the process.
- Oversee and conduct document reviews; through project management, tracking, and reporting on progress and results of the review.
- Draft legal documents to include subpoenas, notice of depositions, and other discovery related documents.
- Assist with law and motion practice, including assembling motion papers and exhibits, coordinating filing of pleadings and briefs and ensuring proper service.
- Perform and oversee both simple and complex cite checking and proof reading of briefs and other legal documents.
- Assist with trial preparation, including creating trial notebooks, identifying and organizing exhibits, and coordinating witness schedules.
- Maintain trial calendars and communicate effectively with opposing counsel and courtroom staff during trial.
- Correspond with experts by sending materials and reports.
- Maintain all witness files electronically.
- Oversee work product of Case Clerks, including oversight of Case Clerk’s billing entries.
- Oversee maintenance of electronic filing and organization by Case Clerks.
- Monitor court dockets.
- Interact with third party vendors for documents, graphics, and other services.
- Oversee maintenance of work areas to ensure a presentable and efficient work space, in effort to optimize performance.
- Maintain timely and accurate timekeeping records and meet billable hour requirements.
Skills & Competencies:
- Ability to communicate professionally and interact effectively with all levels of personnel, including support staff, management, and attorneys.
- Ability to be a proactive self-starter who takes ownership of the deliverable work product.
- Demonstrates attention to detail and reliability.
- Ability to learn new technology quickly.
- Excellent client service skills and ability to work on multiple matters simultaneously in an organized manner and under minimal supervision.
- Consistently meets or exceeds minimum annual billable hour requirement of 1,800 hours.
- Flexibility and able to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands.
- Flexibility to work overtime on an as-needed basis.
- Position may periodically require off-site work at a war room or the courthouse when the case goes to trial.
- Position requires the ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk from work station to various offices to retrieve assignments or organize documents/binders and retrieve files stored in vertical cabinets throughout the work area. This position may also be sedentary and require the employee to sit for extended periods of time.
- Minimum of seven years of experience as a Litigation Paralegal within a law firm demonstrating knowledge of complex issues within the Litigation practice area, Products Liability experience preferred.
- Trial experience, including exhibit preparation, witness preparation and management, knowledge of subpoena preparation, experience working with judicial assistants and trial presentation vendors, experience assisting attorneys in the courtroom.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited institution preferred.
- Paralegal certificate from an ABA certified Paralegal program preferred.
- Proficiency Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) required. Proficiency with Access preferred.
- Proficiency with document management systems.
- Proficiency with e-filing and litigation support applications such as Relativity, Concordance, Summation and Opus.
Greenberg Traurig is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.