Practice Development Assistant
Greenberg Traurig, a global law firm, currently has an excellent full-time employment opportunity for a Practice Development Assistant in our Atlanta office. We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package.
The Practice Development Assistant will support the firm's global Environmental and Energy practices by working directly with the marketing managers and other team members to organize and contribute toward a broad range of office and practice-specific business development and marketing activities, while working as an integral part of the global Marketing and Business Development team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Works hand in hand with marketing managers and marketing leadership to develop and implement the marketing and business development initiatives for the firm's global Environmental and Energy practices
- Becomes a subject matter expert on the Environmental and Energy practices, including attorneys, industry initiatives, practice priorities, and representations of key clients
- Drafts proposals utilizing practice descriptions, experience databases, and client lists
- Assists with external and client-facing communication, including blogs, alerts, newsletters, articles, podcasts, social media posts, and other content
- Drafts, edits, and distributes marketing materials, internal marketing reports, press releases, seminar materials, client updates, and other client collateral communications, as needed
- Assists in the deployment of programs and events hosted/sponsored by the firm, such as teleconferences, webinars, seminars, and other events, including the development and production of marketing materials and on-site logistics
- Assists in coordinating and executing attorney participation in marketing profile-raising events
- Maintains practice specific content, compiles information, and drafts submissions for directory and ranking authorities such as Chambers and Partners, Legal 500, American Bar Association, Law360, American Lawyer, The National Law Journal, U.S. News/Best Lawyers, and Best Law Firms, Lawdragon, etc.
- Creates and maintains records of the firm’s specific practice experience, utilizing the firm’s experience database
- Develops relationships with key attorneys to serve as point of contact for day-to-day requests and marketing and business development needs
- Organizes regularly scheduled practice group conference calls, as well as initiates following-up on specific action items arising from those discussions
- Ensures the flow of information from attorneys to marketing team, including as it relates to attorney biographies, practice area description updates, experience tracking news, and activities data, press releases, new team members, etc.
- Collaborates with marketing professionals throughout the firm, including the communications team, marketing research team, RFP team, events team, and design team
- Works with marketing research team to gather research and analysis on targets, industries, opposing counsel, and judges, as needed for business development purposes
Skills & Competencies:
- Highly motivated, self-starter who can work well under minimal supervision, as well as take a proactive approach in being team-oriented
- High attention to detail, outstanding organizational skills, and the ability to manage time effectively
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written), professional demeanor, and presentation, including solid composition, research, and editing skills
- Ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines, adapt to a fast-paced, high-pressure environment to achieve business goals and objectives
- Ability to maintain composure, positive outlook, and professionalism
Qualifications & Prior Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Zero to two years of relevant experience in marketing or business development
- Experience at a law firm or other professional services firm is preferred
- Proficiency in Windows-based software and Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Exceptional computer skills with the ability to learn new software applications quickly
Greenberg Traurig is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Greenberg Traurig are considered without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or genetic information, among other protected bases.
In support of our unwavering dedication to putting diversity, equity, and inclusion into action, GT participates in the Mansfield Rule Certification Program. This Program, which is administered by The Diversity Lab, aims to increase diverse representation in the legal industry. In July 2020, we achieved Mansfield Rule 3.0 Certification. A year later, in 2021, we achieved Mansfield 4.0 Certification Plus, meaning we went beyond the requirements of the original Mansfield program. Most recently, in 2022, GT gained Mansfield Rule 5.0 Certification Plus – again achieving the highest level of certification a law firm can obtain. GT is currently participating in the Mansfield Rule 6.0 Certification Program. Providing your data during the application process helps us with achieving our goals and with meeting reporting/record-keeping obligations under federal and state law and other legal requirements. Providing your data is entirely voluntary and will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be treated confidentially.