Greenberg Traurig, a global law firm, currently has an excellent full-time employment opportunity in the Records Management Department of our Chicago office. We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package.
The Records clerk is responsible for maintaining client records and information for both on-site and off-site storage for a multi-national law firm. Candidate must have the ability to work in an organized, efficient manner with strong attention to detail, while working independently with minimal supervision.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintains, updates, and creates paper and electronic files as necessary
- Answers questions regarding records and files
- Generates and prints file identification labels
- Indexes materials for filing and enters information into Records database
- Eliminates outdated or unnecessary materials by destroying or transferring them to inactive storage according to the file maintenance guidelines and/or firm’s legal requirements
- Enters document identification codes into systems in order to determine locations of documents to be retrieved
- Locates and retrieves information and files in response to requests from authorized users
- Performs periodic inspections of files in order to ensure correct placement, legibility, and proper condition
- Places files into storage receptacles such as file cabinets, boxes, bins, or drawers according to identification information
- Tracks materials to ensure that borrowed files are returned
- Gathers materials to be sent off-site from departments and employees
- Coordinates pick-up and delivery with off-site storage vendor
- Assists with office moves and movement of files
- Performs other general administrative duties as assigned
Skills & Competencies:
- High attention to detail, outstanding organizational skills, and the ability to manage time effectively
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written), professional demeanor, and presentation
- Ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines, adapt to a fast-paced, high-pressure environment to achieve business goals and objectives
Qualifications & Prior Experience:
- One to two years of prior records experience is preferred, preferably in a law firm
- The ability to work full-time with flexibility for overtime
- Proficiency in Windows-based software and Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
Greenberg Traurig is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Greenberg Traurig are considered without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or genetic information, among other protected bases.
In support of our unwavering dedication to putting diversity, equity, and inclusion into action, GT participates in the Mansfield Rule Certification Program. This Program, which is administered by The Diversity Lab, aims to increase diverse representation in the legal industry. In July 2020, we achieved Mansfield Rule 3.0 Certification. A year later, in 2021, we achieved Mansfield 4.0 Certification Plus, meaning we went beyond the requirements of the original Mansfield program. Most recently, in 2022, GT gained Mansfield Rule 5.0 Certification Plus – again achieving the highest level of certification a law firm can obtain. GT is currently participating in the Mansfield Rule 6.0 Certification Program. Providing your data during the application process helps us with achieving our goals and with meeting reporting/record-keeping obligations under federal and state law and other legal requirements. Providing your data is entirely voluntary and will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be treated confidentially.