Greenberg Traurig, a global law firm, currently has an excellent full-time employment opportunity in the Revenue Department in our Salt Lake City office. We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package.
The Billing Specialist is responsible for the accurate and efficient preparation of bills and invoices for Salt Lake City Office Billing Attorneys. Candidate should be flexible to work overtime as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Processes client bills using Pre-bill Viewer and paper bills via Aderant software
- Processes electronic submission of client invoices and accruals via various e-billing websites
- Researches and answers accounting and billing questions
- Reviews and edits pre-bills in response to attorney and secretary requests
- Executes, handles. and processes a high volume of complex bills
- Reviews and verifies accuracy of billing and supporting documentation as required
- Undertakes special projects and ad hoc reports for manager as needed/requested
- Participates in appropriate mandatory training as necessary
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written), professional demeanor, and presentation
- Highly motivated, self-starter who can work well under minimal supervision, as well as take a proactive approach in being team-oriented
- Ability to prioritize workload and adapt to a fast-paced environment
- Analytical with strong problem-solving skills, takes initiative and uses good judgment, excellent follow-up skills
- Critical thinker with the ability to shift priorities and manage change with a positive outcome
- High attention to detail, outstanding organizational skills, and the ability to manage time effectively
- Ability to anticipate work needs; proactive in identifying accounting issues and providing solution
Qualifications & Prior Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience is preferred
- Five or more years of progressive experience as a biller in a law firm environment; collection experience a plus
- Understanding of standard accounts payable concepts, practices, and procedures, the processes involved and related applications (i.e., Chrome River)
- Aderant software experience preferred
- Proficiency in Windows-based software and Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
Greenberg Traurig is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Greenberg Traurig are considered without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or genetic information, among other protected bases.
In support of our unwavering dedication to putting diversity, equity, and inclusion into action, GT participates in the Mansfield Rule Certification Program. This Program, which is administered by The Diversity Lab, aims to increase diverse representation in the legal industry. In July 2020, we achieved Mansfield Rule 3.0 Certification. A year later, in 2021, we achieved Mansfield 4.0 Certification Plus, meaning we went beyond the requirements of the original Mansfield program. Most recently, in 2022, GT gained Mansfield Rule 5.0 Certification Plus – again achieving the highest level of certification a law firm can obtain. GT is currently participating in the Mansfield Rule 6.0 Certification Program. Providing your data during the application process helps us with achieving our goals and with meeting reporting/record-keeping obligations under federal and state law and other legal requirements. Providing your data is entirely voluntary and will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be treated confidentially.