Real Estate Paralegal
Greenberg Traurig, a global law firm, currently has an excellent full-time employment opportunity in the Real Estate Department of our New York office. We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package.
The Real Estate Paralegal will provide organizational and practice specific assistance to attorneys in the Real Estate Department in all stages of real estate transactions from pre- to post-closing duties. The ability to think strategically and take ownership of projects, strong organization skills and attention to detail are essential. This candidate must be able to multi-task and prioritize as well as strong client service orientation. This role requires working well in a team environment as well as independently.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists in drafting, managing and organizing various documents related to real estate transactions, including escrow instructions, title and survey review, entity formations, UCC searches, local transfer requirements and due diligence.
- Utilizes, creates or establishes procedures to manage large, complex transactions; attends closings and manages closing room; coordinates workflow and manages and controls execution of closing documents; tracks, obtains and organizes pre- and post-closing documents to assure performance of obligations.
- Drafts closing documents including, but not limited to, basic agreements and third-party consents; compiles information and prepares schedules and exhibits to agreements.
- Assists with post-closing matters including, but not limited to, mailings, closing binders and transfer agreements.
- Manages the preparation and filing of various documents, including amendments and closing documents, as well as preparation of opinions for partner approval.
- Serves as a mentor to and provides leadership and training for mid- and entry level paralegals and paralegal clerks.
- Maintains timely and accurate timekeeping records.
Skills & Competencies:
- Candidates must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to be a proactive self-starter, be extremely organized and detail oriented
- Excellent client service skills and ability to work on multiple matters simultaneously in an organized manner and under minimal supervision.
- Flexibility and able to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, reliability and ability to learn new technology quickly.
- Ability to work overtime on an as-needed basis.
- Position also requires the ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
Qualifications & Prior Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of real estate paralegal experience within a law firm with demonstrated knowledge of complex issues within real estate practice area.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited institution preferred.
- Paralegal certificate from an ABA certified paralegal program a plus.
- Proficiency with Windows-based software and Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook required.
Greenberg Traurig is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Greenberg Traurig are considered without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or genetic information, among other protected bases.